How hard is it for a freshman to get football/basketball tickets?

<p>I've had plenty of friends and family ask for tickets when I get to Tech but my uncle just told me freshman may be SOL when it comes to tickets. He isn't serious is he? I mean thats insane. I can't imagine being a freshman and the whole friggin year you can't see a game. I've never heard of crap like that before.</p>

<p>You enter a lottery system, its just luck of the draw I was able to go to 6 out 8 games via the lottery, I was very very lucky. Most people I know got 2 or 3. Basketball wise its a little better, we dont have much of a basketball culture any many people here think we still stuck so many people dont sign up for the lottery, youre pretty much guaranteed OOC games, ACC i was able to go to almost all of them, and even if you dont win you can wait outside cassell and if there are open seats you can get in, which I did 2 or 3 times.</p>

<p>Yeah, for football you get into like 3/4s of the games usually. You can also buy scalped tickets outside the stadium before the game. Price depends wildly on who we’re playing and what the weather is like, but the most I ever had to pay was $60 and I very likely could have gotten one cheaper if I wouldn’t have wanted one in the student section. Your friends and family are pretty much SOL though except for getting scalped tickets like they would have had to anyway. You can buy a guest season ticket after your freshman year along with your season ticket, but it’s really expensive.</p>

<p>I disagree with anonyms on basketball tickets; I think they’re a lot harder to get. You have to enter a lottery (which I never won) to get a season ticket. The lotteries for game tickets come in bunches, and I probably won about a third of the time last year. It’s annoying, but scalped tickets are generally cheaper and there is stand-by seating when there’s inclimate weather.</p>

<p>Yeah Chuy is right, although my freshman year in 2006 I got lucky and got a ticket to every game in the lottery except Duke for football but a lot of my neighbors in the dorms weren’t so lucky as I could hear a lot of “Yes!” and “****!!” going around the hall when the e-mails came out. Most found a ticket either way as a lot of lottery winners can’t go that weekend or plans change so they try to sell their ticket for less than $15 to $20 usually. Facebook is used a lot too for ticket trades and such. It’s easier for a student to get football tickets than basketball. I didn’t get many in basketball my freshman year but I won the lottery to buy them for the past 2 years. </p>

<p>It’s frustrating for freshman and It still baffles me how tech doesn’t give priority to it’s own tuition paying students when it comes to games since 65,000+ seats in a stadium is more than enough to fill twice the school. That was the first of many things since being at tech that convinced me that tech is nothing more than a Business trying to make $$, when I came in there thinking it’s a non profit state school ect. </p>

<p>That’s not bad in itself since it just shows we have a great football program but I still don’t get what’s the hurt with letting a few thousand freshman having the chance to buy tickets. I don’t know.</p>

<p>Anyway yea, if you don’t get a ticket in the lottery and really want a ticket, it’s usually not hard to find one except for the big games.</p>

<p>Usually for big non conference road games tech will sell them to all the students for like $40 which is great</p>

<p>I went to the ACC championship in 2007, Alabama last fall and will be at Bosie State this year, I’m looking forward to that one!</p>