How hard is it to get into Pharmacology and Toxcology undergrad program?

<p>I am very interested in those programs at UW, and saw that the, like all BSPS programs, are for after applying for your junior year. How hard is it to get into them? I'm currently looking at the UMich and Purdue programs in Pharmacology/Pharm Sci too, and wanted to compare the difficulty and prestige of the programs.</p>

<p>Extremely competitive. </p>

<p>Wife is a graduate of School of Pharmacy. Each year, the school takes in about 150 students each year, ~130 for the Pharm.D and ~20 for Pharmacology. For PharmD, the admissiom rate used to be about 30%. Those who can't get into PharmD usually transfer elsewhere after they are turned down by Pharmacology. Those got into either programs will survive and do very well post Wisconsin.</p>

<p>With recent pharmacy school graduates (PharmD and others) fetching north of $70K and the experienced one reaching $100+K, admission is very difficult everywhere. Personally, I will find the program that is easiest to get into. Good luck!</p>

<p>Ya, I am going to bump this up to see for any current students also know about this. According to the UW site, there is space for 20 people, and 12 people joined last year, with an average gpa of about 3.3. Is it easy to get into just the Pharmacology and Toxicology part, or is there some behind the scenes weeding out going on (Other than Ochem)</p>