how hard is it to Get into UM ? Please

<p>I don’t think your friend’s mom will be too much help. One of my classmate’s father was the former president of a university…my classmate wasn’t a competitive applicant and they only let him in if he would enter under academic probation, attend summer term, and achieve at least a 3.5 (in summer term) to remain at the school. People don’t just walk into universities if they aren’t qualified.</p>

<p>@involvedmom no the 1420 was in everything but that was the psat and i didnt study for it at all so i could sorta see what my base score … i started studying for the sat now and i took a practice test and i got a 1630 so im improving but i fully start studying yet so ill go up some more … </p>

<p>and no she isnt Donna shalala so i guess she wont be help lol</p>

<p>Twiggy22,</p>

<p>I think you have a chance but the more you tell us the more uphill the battle feels. This link shows the Miami admitted student profile for last year. [Freshman</a> Applicants | Undergraduate Admission | University of Miami](<a href=“http://www.miami.edu/admission/index.php/undergraduate_admission/apply/freshman/]Freshman”>Undergraduate Admission | University of Miami)</p>

<p>In your favor, your weighted GPA (and hopefully climbing) of 4.0 is only slightly below the Miami average of 4.2. Second, your top 10% status puts you in with the 68% of other Canes. The bad news is your standardized test scores. A 1630 (practice) for Math, Verbal and writing is very low for Miami. Assuming that’s spread out evenly, you’re probably somewhere around an 1100 for just verbal and math. The bottom quartile of students is at 1270. You need to work on getting those scores up as much as possible.</p>

<p>Finally, make sure and have someone edit your essays. You make a lot of grammar mistakes that are usually caught by spell-check - it’s ‘I’ll’ not ‘ill’, it’s ‘I’m’ not ‘im’ and stand alone "I"s are always capitalized. Also, please like stop using like like every 5 like words. It sends the wrong message.</p>

<p>Twiggy- you still have time. Study hard so that you can raise your scores and focus on getting more A’s than B’s in your classes (even if they are honors) and you should be just fine. Good luck</p>