How hard is it to transfer colleges within UC Berkeley?

Hi,

I got accepted into UCB into the College of natural resources - undecided. I don’t know why I got into this college; I think my intention was to apply undecided but there was no option? Anyways, is there something I can do to just be “undecided?” Im kind of confused as to how picking a major works and how freshmen year starts off with it.

It is very difficult to transfer into the College of Engineering, if that is your intention.

It might be helpful if you post what you’re interested in trying to get into.

While I do want to transfer into college engineering (I understand the difficulty), I want to be left as undeclared. I don’t know at all what I want to do. I just know that it resides outside of the college of natural resources.

I want to try different things before actually knowing which college I want to go to, before even engineering.

Have you considered going to community college for a year? It’s magnitudes cheaper and you can figure out what you like doing there instead of wasting money doing something you don’t know if you’re going to like. Then you just transfer out later. Community college isn’t an inherently bad thing like people tend to display it as, it’s a very real option and definitely something you should consider if you don’t know what you want to do yet.

Basically you cannot transfer to a harder college than the college you got into.
Since you’re undecided, just take what most freshmen take : calculus1, art or foreign language 2 (unless you got AP and can take level 3), economics, a science with lab, a freshman seminar. Try to make sure you take at least one small class, with fewer than 25 students (foreign language should do that, freshman seminar too).
This keeps a lot of majors in play.

My friend was wondering this too and I came across this thread.

From what I’ve heard from other people, it’s near impossible to transfer into the Engineering school. However, it’s extremely easy to transfer between the college of natural resources and the arts and science school. (Feel free to fact check this statement).