How hard is it to transfer?

<p>Most of you know that I was denied...barely.
So...I'm going to try to transfer next year.
I got into other UW schools, such as Stout, LaCrosse, Steven's point, Rock County, Platteville, and Oshkosh. Which one is the best one to transfer to Madison from, and how well do I have to do there?
And...which one is most compatible with Madison? I want big, and a good reputation.</p>

<p>Madison accepts a majority of the transfer applicants (a little over half) and many of them come from other UW's. Of that list, LaCrosse and Stout have better reputations, but as a transfer the most important thing is your college GPA. So find the college that fits you best which you were accepted to and do really well for a year. Then you will most likely be accepted or even find that you find you love the school you're at.</p>

<p>You really want the best fit so you are inspired to do well- go for the one with your potential major and students with similar stats for a good peer group. The first words out of your mouth when there should not be "I want to transfer to Madison". Did you consider U of Minnesota, tuition reciprcity and many Wisconsinites there... Wherever you go, plan to love it, crixx said it first and well.</p>