How impacted is the Undeclared/Exploratory Program at Davis?

<p>just wondering, is it one of the relatively “easier” majors to get in through? Or is it super duper hard to get into like Biology/Engineering? Thanks!</p>

<p>For freshman admission, Davis admits by college (or by division within the College of Letters and Science). Depending on which Undeclared/Exploratory Program you apply, your chance of admission will vary. Generally speaking, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and College of Biological Sciences are the most competitive colleges on campus. In the College of Letters and Science, social sciences division is the most competitive, arts & humanities division is the least competitive</p>

<p>I applied undeclared to the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. :confused: Do you think that I’ll have a fair chance of getting in? Here’s my stats:</p>

<p>Objective:</p>

<p>SAT I (breakdown): 680 Math, 690 Critical Reading, 740 Writing (Essay: 11)
TOTAL SAT: 2110
SAT II: Math Level 2 (750), Biology E/M (730)
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.19
UC GPA: 3.47
APs: US History (4), Biology (5), AP Economics (N/A), AP English Comp (N/A), AP Calculus A/B (N/A)
Senior Year Course Load: AP English, AP Economics, AP Calculus A/B, Spanish 4 Honors, Physics Honors, Art 2
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): Top Tutor at my school for 3 years in a row</p>

<p>Subjective:</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
Track and Field during Junior Year.</p>

<p>Volunteer/Community service: Lead Tutor at high school’s tutoring center(over 950 hours), Active Member of Interact Club (about 15 hours)
Developed and maintaining a website for a registered company in my town. (intern)
Developed and programmed a software program for a registered company in my town. (intern)
Total intern hours = 1964 hours</p>

<p>Personal Statement Comments: I feel that I did extremely well. I wrote about the dedication I showed towards helping needy people at my school academically, and how i’ve moved about 25 times and lived in various places in the world/USA and how that type of diversity enriched my character and personality (shows how I can culturally contribute to the campus as an individual).</p>

<p>Other
Intended Major: Undeclared/Exploratory
State: CA
School Type: Highly competitive school… ranked in the top 8% </p>

<p>Thanks Ms. Sun! :)</p>

<p>I’m sure you’ll be fine. I know the wait is nerve-wracking, hang in there.</p>