How important are freshman GPA's?

<p>So I got a 4.08 GPA in 9th, and a 4.35 GPA in 10th, I’ll be in 11th this year. I want to go UCLA or Berkely. Am I screwed because of my 9th grade GPA :(? It says the average for 10-11 is a 4.37 which I could do, but what about my low 9th grade GPA?</p>

<p>Are you trying to show of your freshman GPA?.. :pouting_cat:There’s nothing wrong with it …</p>

<p>4.08… Isn’t that really low? Average for 10-11 is 4.37, so I’m assuming that a 4.08 in 9th is very low for UCLA or Berkely. Or would that be average? Or do they even care? I’m pretty worried that my 9th grade GPA of 4.08 will hurt my chances of getting into UCLA or Berkely considering the average for 10-11 is 4.37</p>

<p>Anyone else? Please?</p>

<p>That was higher than my freshman GPA, and I got into both Berkeley and UCLA. That was a few years ago, but I doubt it’s changed since them. >4.0 is not low.</p>

<p>Relax, it’s fine.</p>

<p>You have a wonderful GPA. don’t stress!</p>

<p>Your GPA is excellent. As far as I’m aware, UCs only seriously look at freshman grades to see if there’s an upward trend. Sophomore and junior grades are what really matter, so keep up the good work and you’ll be perfectly fine.</p>