How important is the personal statement?

<p>I have applied to UCD, UCI, and UCSB. I believe that my stats are just ok when compared to others I see on College Confidential that have applied to the UC’s ( UC gpa 3.6, SATI 1970, SAT II’s of 710 and 600). I think that my personal statement and EC’s are pretty good though. So my question is will my admission to these 3 UC’s come down to how solid my statement is? I’m really starting to feel unsure about my chances the longer I have to wait for a decision.</p>

<p>The personal statement is a very important part of the application for any campus you apply to. It is always used as way of retrieving information to help make a decision on an applicant, as is all other information the application asks for.</p>

<p>Thanks UCD Admissions. My fear is that the whole admissions process is so quantitative that it doesn't take into account the other things we've accomplished in HS beyond gpa and tests scores. Glad to hear that the information that is presented in my personal statement is considered.</p>