How is Bucknell engineering regarded?

Some lists rank Bucknell as 6th in engineering and others as 67th. How much might my post-college future differ going to Bucknell for environmental engineering vs going to a public school with a higher ranking in engineering?

My nephew attended Bucknell for Engineering and it was amazing for him. He went on to UPenn grad school and now works in robotics.

2 Likes

Bucknell engineering is rigorous, well-regarded and outcomes are impressive. Link to the 2019 outcomes with job title and salary data for College of Engineering:

4 Likes

Super, super strong in both Engineering AND Business (Freeman College of Management). Sort of stealth (under the radar maybe to applicants since it is a liberal arts school) but undeniably great outcomes.

2 Likes

The list which ranks Bucknell engineering as 6th best is rating engineering programs at schools where the highest degree is a masters; Bucknell may be listed as 67th best on a list which includes universities that award doctorate degrees.

2 Likes

Bucknell engineering is one of the best in the country. I know many students that turned down ivies and other top schools to come and study engineering there. Like some mentioned above Engineering and Business is there strong suit!

4 Likes

Bucknell is outstanding for engineering. My son (MechE) will graduate in May. He had a great internship last summer (junior year) and returned to Lewisburg senior year with a job offer. Small classes, excellent professors, great placement. He chose Bucknell over larger public universities (accepted at Purdue, UMich, Wisconsin) because of the focus on undergraduate students and small class sizes. Not sure he would have stuck with it at a larger school. Here is a link to the class of 2020 outcomes.

3 Likes

My son has spend two miserable year at Bucknell. At first we were very happy that he was going there but looking back I wished he would have made a different choice. The classes are very hard but that’s okay he is in Engineering. The real issue is there is no real help and as he started on 2020 he missed getting that normal Freshman year. I would have hoped they would have tried to make it better but they did very little. The Professors change a lot as least for Engineering. I think most technology Professors want to get in to a larger University. He is in the process of changing schools. I think for Business, Bucknell would work but not for technology, For any other degree, if you are okay paying yourself that works but you should go somewhere else as the cost is not a good return. Do not burden yourself with high student loans.