How is the financial aid office at VT?

<p>For people who go there, Im running into some last minute issues and I might have to go to Ohio State because of in state vs out of state costs. </p>

<p>Heres the situation. My mom and dad are splitting costs 50/50 (divorced), and my mom had her side of the cost saved for and all. My dad did not really save, though he makes way more than enough to have saved if he had thought into the future. Now, he wants to make sure I go to the college I want to go to, but he got rejected for his last loan application at my brother's school, Georgia Tech because of a bad credit report from two bills that were only mailed to his previous address after he moved.</p>

<p>My dad called VTs financial aid office and asked them about the situation, and they claimed that the parent plus loans are flexible and that they have a lot of money to work with, whereas Georgia Tech's parent plus loans are delivered through a bank, so less flexibility.</p>

<p>The income of my parents is at a point that says "I should have saved more and for longer", but my dad can surely pay off loans if fin aid accepts them. The credit blemish that my dad has does not help him, either. My question is, I guess, is there anyone who goes to VT that could give a general impression about the financial aid office and if they have been helpful along the way? I do not want to graduate with $40-50 thousand in debt because I trusted the financial aid office to accept my dad's load requests.</p>