How is UW in terms of employment after graduation?

<p>How is UW in terms of employment after graduation ?</p>

<p>Depends how well the job market is for your field/major and how you intend to use your degree. </p>

<p>My prospects in nursing are excellent. Nurses are very much in demand. So, with a nursing degree from a good school, I should be all right. You said engineering... which is a fairly good for jobs right now. Although, I will say most of the engineers I've met have master degrees in engineering. But I'll shut up, though, since there are so many different types of engineers. I could be thinking of something else. Maybe the engineering department has career/job counseling service? If they do, they'd probably be able to tell you all you need to know. :)</p>

<p>Some majors/field I've heard are really hard to get into: forestry/logging, journalism, foreign service, sports coaching... that's all I can remember right now. </p>

<p>In short, just having a degree from a good school like the UW won't guarantee good jobs. There has to be a demand in the job market for your field. A degree can't magically create jobs where there are none.</p>

<p>Chemical engineers particularly has a high demand.</p>

<p>well am planning to do a major in computer science.!! how are the job prospects currently for it ?</p>

<p>... do some research on your own when the easy way doesn't work.</p>

<p>no clue...</p>

<p>When you're looking up computer science job information, make sure it's pertinent to the area-- Madison, whatever-- you'll be working in, not just nation-wide information. I didn't think wisconsin was big into computers, but that field seems to constantly surprise me. oh well.</p>

<p>n what abt campus placements? like r there companies which come to hire brilliant students on graduation?</p>

<p>campus placements?</p>

<p>I've heard of companies advertising job openings at campuses... I doubt they'll do any active, selective recruiting, though. Maybe there are job fairs too... I don't know.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.cs.wisc.edu/ugac/ugrad.jobs_internships.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.cs.wisc.edu/ugac/ugrad.jobs_internships.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>^Job/internship opportunities for CS.</p>

<p>Hey, did you realize that the CS major is not in the engineering department? It's in Letters and Science. Why are you a pre-engineering student then?</p>

<p>no i mean companies recruiting students on basis of their resumes n interviews and directly appointing them to positions which they could accept after graduation. thats what i meant by campus placement, By campus placements i mean full time job after graduation for students directly taken off campus instead of them searching for jobs</p>

<p>@ceecee
i had mentioned by mistake comp. engg. i will have tht changed at SOAR.</p>

<p>I think those "campus placement" opportunities are available at all large state schools. Anyways, I know for other areas of employment they go after students. Some kids from Madison have been flown down all expenses paid to work for NASA for the summer and then offered jobs.</p>