How is West AJ?

<p>I like the convenience of it (Dietrick, West End Market, fitness center) but what about the actual dorm? How is it? I'm in room 6067 BTW and SOOOOO EXCITED!! :)</p>

<p>I’d say AJ is the best dorm to be in. It is close to everything, even workout places, lane stadium, bus. It’s a lot of fun. Congratulations.</p>

<p>Room is small, but you have these huge closets with 2 big shelves on top. Closets are just amazing. You will have to loft at least one bed. It has a great computer center which is air conditioned and people there to help.</p>

<p>You have to loft at least one bed?? Ughhh, both my roommate and I have said from the beginning that lofting is NOT good. :(</p>

<p>Neither my daughter or her roommate wanted to loft either but they ended up loving it. It’s like you have your own little space up there and if your roommate is moving around or studying you are disturbed less.</p>

<p>I did see one room where the two beds fit along the long wall but they basically could only use one desk.</p>

<p>Oh okay…Thanks! If I must loft, does it at least have a ladder? Because I am only 5’3…and does it have a guard rail? Oh dear, this could be really bad…Oh my gosh, and I already bought a shelf that my bed fits up to. It’s impossible to use with a lofted bed! <em>Le sigh</em> Well, I was excited. :(</p>

<p>Well, imo, you are in the best dorm. Right next door to West End and Deitrick and where they serve food at 2 am on weekends. Great for football, etc.</p>

<p>Do you know your roommate? There’s probably a way to not loft. But you just climb up the back of the loft. It’s not hard. I’m old and could do it. But if you don’t care about floor space and don’t mind the beds almost next to each other and sticking out in the middle of the floor then I’m sure you can make it work.</p>

<p>I think you are super lucky and should be very excited.</p>

<p>I think Danielle (my roommate) and I are just going to tough it out with a loft…thanks for your help! :)</p>

<p>Yeah, theres a ladder and a guard rail. Nearly everyone lofts because it creates a ton of space once you put the desks under the beds.</p>

<p>WAJ is actually a pretty bad dorm (no AC, no suites, etc.), but in a fantastic location. They just gutted East AJ and did a bunch of renovations, and I think WAJ is going to be next.</p>

<p>Well, you’re the first one that I’ve heard call it a bad dorm! Haha!</p>

<p>Well, relatively bad I guess. I lived in East when it was virtually identical to West, and it’s not bad in the grand scheme of things. It’s just that there are some really nice dorms (New Res for example) and there are some very basic dorms (WAJ and the majority of the others.) Bad probably wasn’t the right word to use, more like ‘basic.’</p>

<p>So I am guessing that our DD getting East AJ is something she should be very excited about?</p>

<p>How about Pritchard? I’m interested in an analyses on Pritchard :)</p>

<p>Haha, hey, LAConfedential! This is my West AJ thread! Pritchard already has one! ;)</p>