How is your school offering the new Math Analysis & Approaches course sequence?

What is the prerequisite for the new Math A&A SL at your school? Algebra 2 or Precalc?

Is your school offering the SL course as a two year course or one?

This is coming from a Canadian school but we’re doing AA SL as a two-year course and basically treating it like we did the old SL course. The prereq is our enriched grade 10 math course, there’s no precalc in it so I guess it would be Algebra 2?

At our school SL is a year long (3 trimesters) and I think has Alg 2 as a Prereq. HL is 5 trimesters over 2 years and has Precalc as a prereq. But I think they are letting in some strong Alg students as well.

Our school, with the previous curriculum, offered:
Precalc (prerequisite)
Math SL (one year)
Math HL (the following year)

So those taking HL had 2 years of math, with the SL curriculum covered the first year.

With the new curriculum, the have dropped precalc. So now it’s:
Algebra II
Math Analysis SL (one year)
Math Analysis HL (the following year)

Under the old version, kids who were advanced by 1 year in math ended with SL. With the new version, they go through HL with one less year of preparation.

It was implied to us that the new Analysis SL/HL was roughly equivalent to the old Precalc/SL but one semester in, it is looking like that was not true.

There are no prerequisites for my school, probably cuz my year level is insanely small and on average we all have good grades anyway.

Maths AA SL is offered as a two-year course for my school.