How likely are you to get your first or second choice residence hall?

<p>Thanks for the help!</p>

<p>I’ve heard most people seem to get one of their top 3. You meet the occasional person who got like their last choice and lives in Southeast when they’d rather be in Lakeshore or vice versa. If that happens just apply for a room change; they’re pretty good about moving people. You might have to wait a semester but they’ll work with you for sure.</p>

<p>It depends on what you’re 1st and 2nd choices are. If it’s Sellery or Witte you’re likely to get them. They’re bigger if nothing else. From what I’ve heard and read, Liz is the most popular choice and the least likely to get.</p>

<p>If you apply to one of the residential college dorms you usually get it.</p>

<p>Thanks! I was thinking of Sellery and Witte as my top two, so that’s reassuring</p>

<p>If you put Sellery and Witte as your top two you will almost certainly get one of them. No question. They each hold 1100 people.</p>

<p>Sellery and Witte are not usually first choices so you should get in.</p>

<p>@Madison85</p>

<p>It’s strange, on the Facebook page for the class of 2015 it seems that everyone is putting Sellery, Witte, or Ogg down as their #1 choice. That and The Statesider are really popular for some reason. I have yet to find a person interested in Chadbourne (my #1).</p>

<p>Chad kids are busy finishing their studies and other worthwhile things. It will be full when you get there.</p>

<p>Don’t worry about anyone else. Choose the dorms you think you would like best. Do rank a popular dorm first if that is where you really want to be, but be prepared to get a second choice as well. There’s a wide variety so different personalities should be happy. And people with things in common with you will choose the same places to live. The dorms all do fill up.</p>

<p>@Wisc2015
D2 has designated Chad as her #1 ;).</p>

<p>I guess I should say I don’t know anyone in the last 3 years from my kids’ school (sends up to 30 kids a year to UW-Madison) who put Witte or Sellery as first choice. Many put Ogg/Smith as first choice (practically brand new).</p>

<p>D has Chad Residential College as first choice too!</p>

<p>My son is spending his freshman year in Chad and is so comfortable in it that he’s already planning to “re-up” for next year. With the renovations that were finished last fall the lobby, elevators, bathrooms and floor dens are all in terrific shape. Moreover, Chad is in many ways the most conveniently located dorm on campus, unless you are heavy on ag or biosciences. Even then, it’s convenient to many of the classroom buildings that freshmen will spend time in. And in a cold winter like this one has been, the fact that it has its own food service facility is another big advantage. </p>

<p>Now granted, it’s not “party central,” but that suits him fine as he likes studying in his room. And the “residential college” character has a very light touch otherwise.</p>