How long did it take for A&M to give you their admissions decision?

<p>So I applied to A&M a little less than a week ago, and I am a very impatient person =)
I am an automatic academic admit, so will that affect the time it takes for A&M to get back to me? I heard that it takes A&M about 2-3 weeks to get all your stuff together, and if you're an automatic admit, then within that time they will also give you your acceptance letter. Oh and does that make A&M a rolling admissions school? Because I'm also kind of confused about that. Anyways, thanks for the help!</p>

<p>I was told that it takes 2-4 weeks for the admission process. Have you checked on AIS to make sure that all of the information that they need to process your application is there?</p>

<p>My twins will be academic admits. They applied on the 10th, and their documentation was processed on the 17th…still no word. If that helps.</p>

<p>Rolling admissions…the admissions closes on Jan. 15th.</p>

<p>A&M is very slow with everything. It took about two and a half weeks for me.</p>

<p>I applied in March as a transfer and didn’t get a decision letter until July.</p>

<p>i applied in January as a transfer & didn’t hear anything until early July.
it was an awful waiting process.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Umm… two and a half weeks is very fast for an institution approaching 50k students. </p>

<p>Some of you guys expect things to happen over night, and it’s quite ridiculous. Patience is a virtue. I was a non-auto admit a few years back and waited around 4 months to get my acceptance from A&M, and 5 months for t.u… and I wasn’t complaining.</p>

<p>Yes, I agree 2-4 weeks is a very reasonable amount of time given the size of the university. I have a friend whose daughter was top 10% and validictorian…the wait was 2 1/2 weeks.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I should’ve mention that was after my month long wait in which they had to process everything lol. Hey, when you’re an auto admit, you want your acceptance letter now. Yours is understandable because you were not an auto admit to either university.</p>

<p>if you are an auto admit, what difference does it make how long it takes. yes, an acceptance letter is nice to have, but you already know the answer.</p>

<p>: /</p>

<p>Haha, yeah I sound like a doouche for wanting that acceptance letter early. Sorry</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>You can say that again.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>No, it’s not. When you’re an auto admit, if your application is already in you should sit back and enjoy your senior year. Who cares? You would have eventually gotten your acceptance letter… as you did.</p>

<p>STV, if you want to worry about getting the acceptance letter feel free to do so. </p>

<p>My twins check the website daily for updates and ask me often when I think they will get their letters. Worrying about grades and success is how you became an auto admit.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I find your last comment a little offensive. In high school, I participated in sports and clubs all of the time, and chose to hang out with friends over studying on occasion. Learning how to become socially apt is arguably more important than anything you can learn in a high school class. I worried about grades (but did not live around them), I worried about my future. I got into 4/4 schools I applied for (including UT and A&M), and received significant scholarships from 2 of those 4. I was barely outside of the top 25% when I applied, woah!?!</p>

<p>In college, I have greater than a 3.3 in arguably one of the toughest majors at A&M. I am receiving a scholarship from my department, when I’m in College Station I work for my department, and this Fall I’m a Co-Op in arguably one of the best, most recognized companies in my industry. I’m doing better than most auto admits I know that graduated from my high school.</p>

<p>So, when you presume non-auto admits don’t worry about their grades or their success, you are making an *** out of yourself. Pardon my French.</p>

<p>I got my automatic admit for Fall 2010 admissions within a week.</p>

<p>Texas is great about supporting their in-state students, but the auto admits are not always well rounded and that is why they have updated the bill. My daughter holds a 4.33 GPA, top 6% of her class, varsity sports letters, multiple leadership roles, church and club involvment and 500 community service hours, but is NOT an auto admit. Out of state students can offer Texas schools a lot, too. We lived in Texas for 9 years. I am an Aggie. We hope their admissions will look for the whole package.</p>

<p>^LOTS of Texas auto admits ARE well rounded. Every auto admit we personally know who left for A&M this year from our local 3500 member high school was an academic “superstar” AND well-rounded. I think it’s kind of natural for top academic kids to excel in other areas as well. I don’t think A&M, or any other Texas state school, perceives out-of-state applicants to be less qualified. It’s just that with the auto admit policies they have, which are kind of designed to take care of “their own” in the first place, there simply aren’t enough spots left for top 10% auto admits from all other 49 states. Where would they draw the line? Texas is not the only state in the nation to have policies that cater to their own state’s population.</p>

<p>The top 10% students in my S class are “top notch” as well. I am pleased that there are guidelines in place to help those students. My S was driven to do well during his 4 years of HS in order to have it a little less stressful when it came time to apply to college. Incentive so to speak. As for auto admit, if you are a top 10%er in another state, odds are you will do well on SAT/ACT and you will therefore still qualify for academic admit at TAMU.</p>

<p>My D is an OOS NMSF. She received her acceptance within 2 days. I guess the NM status makes the difference.</p>

<p>I agree with the others I think most of the Texas top %10 are very well rounded kids. Yes Texas takes care of its own first, which being a public university it should. Keep in mind most of the top 10% in any state will be applying to other top schools. They have to be well rounded to be competitive when applying to private schools.</p>

<p>My D and the friends she has that will be attending next fall are all well rounded with very varied activities, from band, rodeo team, drill team, school paper and various sports teams. These kids are also in NHS and other honor societies, active in church groups, community volunteers etc.</p>

<p>Okay, while I’m sure your guys’ top 10% are as well rounded as you say, I go to a very well known and very tough Texas public school. I’ll paint you a picture of the four types of kids that are in our top 10%:

1. The very, very smart kids who are actually well-rounded and participate in extra-curricular activities and are in AP classes and manage to pull off over a 95 without a bump in those classes. These are the kids your entire top 10% appear to be made of, but they make up about 1% of our top 10%.
  2. The smart kids who work their butts off in AP classes. And that’s all they do. As in, you can try all you want to hang out with them after school, but they’re too busy studying. Not to sound mean, but these kids tend not to have friends or extra-curriculars. Again, these make up about 1% of our top 10%.
  3. The kids who don’t take any AP classes but are smart enough to take AP classes. They don’t work at all outside of class, but likely have a social life and extra-curriculars. About 2% of our top 10%, maybe 3%.
  4. These kids make up the majority of our top 10%. These are the kids in AP classes who are friends with kids 1 and 2 for one reason and one reason alone: they cheat off of them. And while I’m sure all of you think I’m exaggerating on how rampant cheating is at my school, I’m not. There are VERY few students who can honestly say they haven’t cheated on a test, and I’m not sure there are any who can honestly say they haven’t copied someone’s homework. And most kids cheat on every test and homework assignment. </p>

<p>Then there’s me. I have about a 95 GPA (weighted out of 100 (we don’t use the 4.0 scale because the top half of the class would have a 4.0+ and the bottom half would be a 3.0-4.0)), am in all AP classes, I haven’t cheated on a test (with the exception of one class where the teacher left the room and a student walked up to their desk, grabbed the answer key, and called out the answers; I tried not to listen, but that’s hard), and I admit, I just don’t do most of the homework because I don’t have time and refuse to copy it. I have over a 1400/1600 SAT, which is higher than most students at my school, I work about 30 hours a week, and participate in quite a few extra-curriculars. I applied to A&M in November and I still haven’t heard back from them because I’m not automatic admit, and I honestly don’t know that I’ll get in. Financials are a big issue for me because my dad’s work is closing come next October, so A&M would be nice just because it’s cheap (relatively speaking) and I don’t want student loans. Yet I can’t get in because there’s not enough room because of their top 10% rule, which is annoying, and I know PLENTY of other kids at my school who are the same way.</p>

<p>I don’t really care anymore, because so far I’ve been accepted to 6 out of 6 out of state private schools with pretty substantial scholarships that bring their price lower or the same as A&M’s, but my point is that while a lot of students/parents in the top 10% think the rule is great and flawless and whatnot, it’s not. A lot of qualified students won’t get accepted, and, in schools where cheating is as rampant as mine, it encourages cheating because you don’t have to score well on your SAT/ACT if you’re top 10%, so just cheat your way into the top 10% is the mentality most students get.</p>