How long did it take for A&M to give you their admissions decision?

<p>So all my stuff has been processed since august 20 and I still havent heard. My ACT is 29, My GPA is 4.44 out 5, my class rank isnt that godd because my school is really competitive. I take alot of AP’s, Im a Eagle scout and have alot of other stuff. I check The AIS 5 times a day and been on step 3 for 4 months. I cant wait much longer.</p>

<p>My son’s application was received 8/20 and processed 8/28. Rank and transcript and everything else received by 9/10/12. He is not auto admit, but kinda close at 139/499 rank and a 4.0 GPA, so the waiting is makin all of us anxious. A friend of ours is on the “advisory board” at A&M and she said that A&M received over 30K+ freshmen applications this year!! And about 1/2 of them were in the top 25%</p>

<p>I am thinking it may be March before we hear anything. :frowning: He has been accepted to 2 other colleges, but his #1 is A&M.</p>

<p>I’m killing myself waiting. I have been on step three since August 24 and I don’t know how much longer I can wait. I have a 29 on the ACT, 4.5 out of 5 GPA and academic average. I’m a Eagle Scout and involved in a lot of other things. I asked admissions if I’m good on everything and I am. I check AIS at least 5 times a day. It’s been 4 months and I don’t how much longer I can wait.</p>

<p>I’ve reading others post. WHY IS IT SO SHORT FOR THEM!!!</p>

<p>For electrical engineering hopefuls:</p>

<p>I visited A&M on Tuesday (Dec 11). I was talking with a women in the EE office and she told me that they had 7 spots left for Electrical Engineers.</p>

<p>Joeking, they might have been auto admits, or they may have applied early.</p>

<p>Joeking, are you planning on retaking the act? Or do you have any plans to take the sat?</p>

<p>Someone from admissions explained to me that if you aren’t an auto admit or you aren’t close to it with your SAT or ACT scores, then you probably won’t find out until February or March of next year.</p>

<p>But do you have a 29 on ACT… So idk why you haven’t found out.</p>

<p>Applied 10/23, processed 10/30
My high school transcript was processed 11/08
Top 22% (194/892)
1240 on my SAT (m+r)
STILL WAITING…</p>

<p>I retoke the ACT and got 27. My SAT wasn’t great and all those people who got in already weren’t auto admits and applied at a later date.</p>

<p>Also I applied early.</p>

<p>Yeah I know people review admits that have already gotten in, what I’m saying is the people who got in were close to auto admits. And right now it doesn’t matter when you applied…</p>

<p>And i wasn’t close, I’m one point off.</p>

<p>I hate when people say oh they got in so quick because the were so close. I have a 29 ACT wouldn’t that also include me?</p>

<p>I keep asking how long it should take and administration keeps saying one month. I’ve been waiting almost four. Do you understand my frustration when I see people with the same test scores as me, who applied LATER,get in one month. And now they say wait till march? I been accepted to other schools and A&M is my top choice but I can’t wait around for that. I applied early hoping I would get a quick response but instead it’s dragging out till march. I hate waiting forever and I can’t wait till march to make a decision. I really want to go to a&m but waiting to long may end up hurting me in the end.</p>

<p>joekinglonestar, it seems to me, the score A&M values highly is 30 or above:</p>

<p>[Academic</a> Admits](<a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshmen/gettingin/waysAdmitted/academic.aspx]Academic”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshmen/gettingin/waysAdmitted/academic.aspx)</p>

<p>And its not just test scores either. I’m in half AP and do well in them. I visited the campus many times and evenly personally know the Vice President of student affairs there( which I’m not counting on). I’m a Eagle Scout, had leadership positions , volunteer at church as alter server since fourth grade and at mobile loaves and fishes, I’m a buddy at a baseball league for disabled kids for four years, I have a ridiculous amount of service hours, and play lax. My GPA is 4.5 out of 5 weighted. My class rank is awful but that’s because I go to one of the most competitive schools in the nation (47). I’m sorry for rambeling but at this point it’s therapeutic to release frustration.</p>

<p>Perazziman: 27 is there averge ACT score. Meaning above and below. Just because 30 is auto admit doesn’t mean that’s what you need</p>

<p>They took FOREVER to process my transcript, it was ridiculous. They really need to get the house in order. The University of Texas processed my transcript nearly the same day that they received it. And A&M taking long to process my transcript cost me my first choice major there.</p>

<p>As of now, I have Aerospace Engineering (**), anybody else going into AERO at Texas A&M?</p>

<p>Also, is it difficult to transfer from say AERO to PetE or ChemE or BME? And will I have to wait for my entire freshman year, or can I transfer right after the fall semester?</p>

<p>Hahahaha, they censored my (B.S)</p>