How long did it take for A&M to give you their admissions decision?

<p>Joeking, chill. I’m just telling you what I’ve been told from people who work in admissions. Obviously there’s something that’s holding them back from accepting you now. Whether it be rank, out of state, or idk, it’s something you can’t change. Just wait, A&M is a good school and definitely worth the wait. Admissions isn’t all about test scores either, they take everything into consideration! Yes it is annoying to see people get accepted within a few weeks, but trust me, it’s worth the wait…</p>

<p>@joekinglonestar, Please keep in mind 27 is the average score for the university as a whole, not the college of engineering, which is very competitive. For engineering, I believe, the average SAT math score is 660-670. So ACT Math ~30-31.</p>

<p>Asianandproud, we did a campus visit, and they told us that engineering is the most competitive major. They stressed bigtime that you should review last years application, print it out, have the answers ready, and as soon as this year’s app becomes open, type in your answers and submit. Otherwise, you might not get your choice. I think my D got hers in for mechanical eng. two days after the app. was open. Lots of people transfer from one eng. discipline to another. Some of them are easier to transfer than others. Call the engineering department and talk to them about your choices.</p>

<p>As far as when you can transfer, it depends when they have an opening, I think. I would just make sure the department knows you want to transfer, and has a chance to counsel you.</p>

<p>For those of you waiting (joekinglonestar) and others, have you contacted admissions to make sure they have everything in your file? I haven’t read this whole thread, so I apologize if you’ve already mentioned checking into this. If you do contact them, be very patient with them as the person on the other end of the phone might be able to help you resolve everything if you give them a chance. I discovered this way that my daughter’s transcript had not been joined to her file. She would have been admitted sooner.</p>

<p>Another suggestion: Send a letter of recommendation from a teacher and someone in the community you volunteer with who knows you well. When you speak with admissions, ask them where you can send the letter (fax number, address). And joekinglonestar, why not check in with the Vice President of Student Affairs? You seem to be a competitive applicant. If it is your dream school, pursue it! Just my 2 cents.</p>

<p>I’m not applying for engineering, my major is bio or history. Also I contacted administration multiple times if there’s anything wrong and there isn’t. And I don’t want to contact VP of student affairs because he’s a busy man and I don’t feel right knowing I got in because a connection. I spoke to a admissions concler yesterday on the phone and they said to wait till march.</p>

<p>Also I’m in state</p>

<p>I apologize, I was under the impression you were interested in engineering.</p>

<p>I think class rank is very important to them. If are not close to 10% you may be waiting awhile and you are outside the 25% ranking you might not make it in. I read somewhere that they had over 30,000 applicants. My d was admitted with a 28 but she was in top 11% and had 4.0 unweighted. It may not be fair but rank matters to them.</p>

<p>Well if that’s the case I’m screwed. I’m 39% despite a 4.5 out 5 weighted. If anyone knows westwood In austin you know what I’m talking about.</p>

<p>I would guess with a 29 pn act you would at least be offered Blinn. I could be completely wrong about Rank. I hope I am. Wish only the best of luck to you!</p>

<p>Even with my bad class rank I wouldn’t think it would count that much. My GPA and ACT are above there averge and my creditionals are solid.</p>

<p>Yeah I guess it just depends on how heavily they weigh class rank…But you are a solid candidate, so good luck to you!</p>

<p>Thanks but at this point I given up hope and think I have to wait till march</p>

<p>Having read through this thread, I start to worry about my chance now. I have the same standardized test grade (SAT 1310 , which is about the same as ACT 29) but slightly higher ranking.
Good luck! Let us know if you get in!</p>

<p>Julian, do you have a 600 each on M & CR? What’s your rank?</p>

<p>Cromette, unfornately I have 540 on CR and 770 on math. And my ranking should be in top quarter. In my high school GPA for top 10% is at least 98. My GPA is 93.5.</p>

<p>I know how you feel. I have about a 95 averge but that’s mix 90’s in on level and 80’s on AP. in my school to be in top quater you have to be in all AP and get 90’s in them.</p>

<p>^yep, same for my school. Julian, aren’t you a junior? You have plenty of time to bring up that 540 CR! And even so if you can’t, I think your math score makes up for that ;)</p>

<p>I talked to people at A&M and they knew of my school. I would up they would put it into consideration.</p>