How long did it take for A&M to give you their admissions decision?

<p>Still no word from A&M from my daughter…but just called admissions at Texas Tech and found out that she qualifies for auto admit there! :slight_smile: That is a relief! Also, it turns out that A&M ranks non-ranking high schools as 2nd quarter apparently. She was considered top quarter by Tech. That is a relief.</p>

<p>Six months and still in the third step. I’m starting to lose hope.</p>

<p>Applied back in November and still haven’t heard from A&M. I’m a review admit in the state of Louisiana. I’m not an auto admit either.</p>

<p>Class Rank: Doesn’t Rank, 1st QTR assigned by T A&M.
GPA: 3.3 ACT: Comp. 28, Math 30, English 31, Reading 27, Science 25</p>

<p>My GPA is all suckish because my school teaches college-leve courses (non-AP)… It’s either I go to Texas A&M University, or I move to Canada and become a delivery boy, because I am not going to school in Louisiana…</p>

<p>So I called and asked how the review process works. If you were not automatic admit then your file goes in a pool and basically you are competing against everyone else in the pool. So what they said to me was that if your file is one of the more competitve applications submitted you are offered a place. They do look at the overall record…including rec letters, essays, etc. So maybe at this point, it isnt just rank. I dont know. It is a frustrating ride for sure!! And they did say it could be late March or early April before we hear. They were not looking at my daughters file and we were talking in generalities. Who the heck knows. But for sure it is not processed by when they are recieved at this point - you could have applied on Jan 15 and you will be in the same pool as someone who applied Aug 15. So now you see for those close academic admits why it’s important to apply early. UGH.</p>

<p>@toyotaTundraFan Just anytime before. As far as I know, a lot of people who go through holistic review either get rejected, Gateway to Success, Blinn Team, or given the choice to transfer from another A&M branch. Reading around College Confidential, I haven’t come across someone who admits to have gotten full admission through holistic review.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I think if you look above at post 336, I shared my son’s example. He applied in the end of November, holistic review, in-state, admitted in December.</p>

<p>Was he pretty close to the top 25%? That sounds pretty fast for A&M holistic review so he might have been automatic because his SAT score is well above the academic automatic admit requirements. Congrats anyway!</p>

<p>^He was top 26.XX percent. I do not remember the exact fraction.</p>

<p>WZalatoris: I know exactly how you feel, been on step 3 since august</p>

<p>People do get admitted through holistic review but it is important that you apply early.My dd was not auto admit but had 4.0 GPA, top 11%, and act 28. Applied in sept and admitted 2 weeks later.</p>

<p>Going to apply to Tech and UNT today. I need somewhere to go for sure and I don’t want to pay for Baylor.</p>

<p>So in other words, if you’re not close to being auto-admit your admissions process will be longer whether or not you applied early? I applied back in early September, processed by September 17 and I have been on Step 3 since then. I go to a competitive school where it’s much harder to get into the top 10% than other schools. In fact, a girl who goes to a neighboring high school doesn’t even have a 3.5 yet she is in the Top 10%. At my school, you’ll be in the top 10% if you have a 4.5 or higher. <em>sigh</em> A&M is my first choice. :(</p>

<p>^Why didn’t you go to her school?</p>

<p>^ because if you life in downtown Mesquite, you go to Mesquite High School. If you live north part of Mesquite, you go to North Mesquite High. Neighboring HS, but different zone of residency. A girl at my CC got auto-admit for top 10% to A&M with 3.3 GPA in HS said she was 28 out of 300-400 can’t remember, but got drop from scholarship after 1st semester at A&M so had to transfer out.</p>

<p>Exactly like why SobeGreenTea972 said. Plus, no school bus route is near my area for the school she goes to. Only for the school I currently attend. Anyways, does anyone know if the housing has already filled up?</p>

<p>I feel the same way, our Honors program is so developed and harder compared to other schools making top 10% very difficult. Then at some schools, the students may not be as intelligent or trying as hard compared to others, nothing is on a level playing field really.</p>

<p>I think the adcoms are smart enough to take these factors into consideration, so do not worry too much about these difference. They are after all, pros. </p>

<p>For various reasons, my son had a choice to attend one of four schools. One where he would be outside the top 25 percentile. Another where he would be in the top 1 percentile. Two in which he would be in the top 10 percentile. He chose to attend the one in which he would be outside the top 25 percentile because it had the best honors program where the kids were the smartest and most hard working. He felt they pushed him to do his very best. I am quite sure his PSAT, SAT, SAT Subject Test and AP Test scores would not have been nearly as good if he had attended one of the other three schools. So, I hope you also realize how blessed you are to have parents who sent you to these incredibly good schools. And I hope some of you do not forget to reflect on what your scores would have been if you had attended one of those other schools.</p>

<p>By the way, the equal playing field is not about determining who has the higher scores today. It is about determining who has the potential and determination to earn higher GRE or GMAT or LSAT or MCAT scores in four to five years from today.</p>

<p>Karlezz…that is my understanding from what admissions told me the other day. I specifically asked the question you posted and was told that at this point if you are not automatic admission you are in the pool that competes against each other. Being close to automatic admission works to your benefit when you apply early and before the admission deadline.</p>

<p>Karlerzz, I don’t think we hear back about housing until much later. From what I understand, if you applied early, they’ll probably have a spot for you.</p>

<p>Just received acceptance email for engineering honors program. Any benefits if I’m majoring in PETE?</p>