How long does application review take?

<p>Hello, my UW application status says that a councler is reviewing my application. Would anyone happen to know how long this procedure typically takes?</p>

<p>Thanks Alot,
Jimmy</p>

<p>Well I applied very early (Late September) and heard back within a month.</p>

<p>I applied on the 18th and have yet to receive my NetID. Is this normal?</p>

<p>yes, if you are refering to the 18th of december. I got mine about a week after I submitted my application.</p>

<p>i applied on nov. 17th. my status is listed is fyr- checking app to see if it's complete. still waiting.. ahh</p>

<p>they are very slow with this.</p>

<p>very slow is an understatement, I WANT TO GET IN NOW!</p>

<p>I check compulsively....if they gave admissions points for status checks per day, id be in</p>

<p>same, i've checked it like 3 times a day for the past 3 weeks</p>

<p>I applied December 15th, but everything should already be turned in. They still havent sent me that net ID, and it will be probably a month and half before i find out if im lucky.</p>

<p>i got a accepted today, so yeah they're still working over winter break. keep checking for updates guys, it'll come soon!</p>

<p>congrads!!</p>

<p>what were u stats?</p>

<p>i got the net id but it says on the application status that they are still checking if they have everything.</p>

<p>3.5 unweighted, 4.63 weighted GPA, 2080 SAT, 33 ACT. out of state. i think the difference in uw vs. w GPA comes from taking honors courses</p>

<p>by the way, does anyone know if madison's grading system curves? do only the top 10-15% get A's? I remember reading somewhere it was curved, but I'm not sure if it's true</p>

<p>Most classes are but the prof really controls grading. At UW the profs have the most power. The average grade is just over a 3.0 so it's not a harsh grading place overall.</p>

<p>oranda when did you apply?</p>

<p>nov. 17th, so it took about 5 weeks. For those who are still waiting, keep in mind that the mywisc system was down for 2-3 weeks. I'm speculating that this may have delayed their review/response time for some applicants..</p>

<p>The My UW system was unavailable for us to check, but admissions review and decisions went on as normal. Decisions were still made, but decisions weren't updated from Dec. 1- Dec. 12. They are all caught up now. What is likely making a difference is the holidays. Today is a federal holiday, and I would be somewhat surprised if they work/make decisions at all this week. I'll still be checking everyday.</p>

<p>mywisc doesn't update at all! and i e-mailed them and they told me that:</p>

<p>Unfortunately we are running behind in regards to getting all
applicants submitted test scores loaded into our system. Due to this
problem we are unable to update any file any faster with incoming test
scores. This is in no way a problem that you have to worry about unless
we tell you otherwise. Please be patient we are working as fast as we
can to complete any and all applications. </p>

<p>The people there are prompt and great at answering questions!</p>

<p>Does the items in the completion sheet of the online application will be checked after UW received all the necessary materials?</p>