How long does it generally take to write the essay?

<p>I’ve started my app, but I haven’t started the essay part. Am I screwed? Or do you think the remaining time is ample to do a good solid job on it?</p>

<p>No, I think you have plenty of time.</p>

<p>I wrote my final draft of my essay ~a week before the app was due. My drafts had nothing in common with each other, so, yeah, you're in good shape.</p>

<p>I would start right away. TIME is the key ingredient you need for a good essay. My D only had to write the essay for prompt #1 and it took her 2-3 weeks. It took 13 rewrites to get it in a shape that is ready for her to submit.</p>

<p>^ I'm so ashamed by the facts that I start most of my essays a week before the deadline and finish a day before.</p>

<p>IB has taught me well...</p>

<p>it took me about 5 days for the draft and a long time to edit and perfect it</p>

<p>I write my best (college) essays in less than an hour. They just flow. This, of course, does not include editing time. Nor does it include how long it takes to get an idea that is willing to write itself well.</p>

<p>If you haven't started by now, you should probably at least begin writing a draft.</p>

<p>On December 1st? lol</p>

<p>Rofl, dmission...Check your calender ;)</p>

<p>Oh... wait this can't be good... LOL</p>