How long does it take to hear back from honors college?

I’m just curious as I’ve heard a lot people already accepted into honors. I applied a little over a month ago, and I have stats high enough for admission.

I guess there isn’t really a reason to rush it but I’m eager to be accepted as I start looking into housing next year.

Since admission into honors is automatic based on stats, if your stats are high enough, you can be certain you’re in . . . and start making housing decisions accordingly. No need to wait.

Have you checked your Crimson Email?? My daughter heard via email within a week after applying to the Honors College. It took a few weeks for the official letter to come in the mail.

@shelleyr25 I checked my crimson email but didn’t get anything about it. Also when I looked into orientation on my bama it says I’m not elgible because I’m not entering for fall 2017, for some odd reason. I’m going to have to give them call I guess and see what’s up.

You have a 28 ACT AND a 3.5 GPA?

@Jpgranier I have a 1530/1600 sat and they have me as a 3.9/4.0 gpa on the honors app.

I already got the presidential scholarship letter.

@2017Dreams until the registration opens for orientation the screen will say that. It will open soon, look for an email in your Crimson email. Keep in mind, you can go to any orientation that you want, it does not have to be an Honors Bama Bound…there will be honors reps at all sessions. I asked this very question at our Honors admissions session when we visited this past weekend.

I heard back (via Crimson mail) within two days of applying. And I only had 1460 on SAT (and 4.0 GPA).

I don’t know why you haven’t heard back but you should count yourself in.

It still let’s me get in the application so maybe I’ll just apply again anyways

Well it looks like I messed up. The last line under the notes says it won’t go through on safari or a mac.

Time to submit it for real.