How long does it take to hear back from the admissions office at TAMU?

I applied late October (the deadline was Dec 1) and got all my stuff in by November 17, I am supposed to be a holistic review kid as I am top 25% but did not get atleast a 1300 on my SAT, but overall I am a very good candidate and my chances for getting in are at an 88% with my scores. I really want to get into Mays or Visualization but I am getting nervous as it is taking forever to hear, and in all honesty I am scared that this may signify that I will not be getting in.

Not trying to make this long, but has anyone been in this situation, if so how long did it take you to find out, and was it good news? Do you guys think I have a chance? :-S :((

Read some of the other posts on this forum and you’ll see that MANY, MANY people who got all their stuff in to TAMU in August are in the same boat. You’re not “supposed” to hear until mid to end of February.

My daughter is in the same boat. Top quarter and 1300 on SAT (needed a 1360) or 30 on ACT (got a 28 - twice). She applied August 1st and still hasn’t heard. LOTS of people in the same situation. Don’t let timing make you discouraged as it is no indicator of getting in or not - just not telling people anything yet. Actually heard NOT hearing can be a good sign since they have sent out some decline letters - so at least you know you weren’t in that pile. :slight_smile:

Definitely hang in there. You’ve got really good stats!

Same with me. I applied August 22 to Mays, was told by an advisor to continually check my app in December (that’s the soonest a review admit can hear back supposedly), but still haven’t heard anything. I’ve read nearly every post to do with A&M admissions this year and have only spotted two people who posted about getting accepted to Mays as a review admit. One said he was accepted in November, which according to the advisor at A&M is extremely rare (they wait until Dec incase review admits get a better test score, move up in class rank, or anything like that). Another person posted about getting in early December. Hang in there…we should all hear back in the next month or so (whether good news or bad)!

did you get in? :open_mouth:

did you end up getting in? :open_mouth: I got BLINN TEAM

Molly got admitted after appealing her admissions decision

Sorry I just saw this (stopped going on here after all my college decisions were over)…but no I did not get admitted initially. I was offered PSA and then appealed the decision. So yes, in the end, I am in Mays! Congrats on getting Blinn…you’re really lucky! At my NSC they informed us that the acceptance rate into Mays this year was 1 out of 7 (so I believe that’s about a 14% acceptance rate), which is insane.