How long for an admission decision? - 35 ACT/4.0 GPA

I’m an Indiana resident with a 35 ACT and 4.0 GPA and will be applying to Purdue Computer Science sometime in the next few days - I’ve had the application done for a few weeks but have been waiting on an additional recommender to get her letter and such submitted. About how long should I expect to wait for my decision?

Thanks for any info you may provide!

I’d get your application in asap and worry about the rec later–it’s not necessary for admission anyway. I think they say 12 weeks but probably less in light of your stats. The rec will be used when looking at scholarships, from what I understand, but my son was just admitted to computer science without it.

@s16s18s21s25 Ah, I wasn’t aware you could add anything through the Common App after you’ve submitted. Thanks for the info.

The assignment for the rec was sent and S’s teacher started it, but had a problem getting it to submit so it was just sitting there not being done. I thought you submit the application and any other pieces that come in get forwarded on. S sent his app to 4 CA schools a month before his school report was entered, and nearly two months before the teacher finally figured out there was a problem and got the rec to work. Didn’t realize for sure until last week that the rec didn’t make it to Purdue, but I guess it’s there now.

I now see that the Common App website does mention how recommendations can be added following the submission of the application. No matter though, I received both recommendations yesterday and officially applied to Purdue!