How Long Until I Find Out?

<p>I sent in my application on January 20th, but did not send in my application fee until January 28th. When should I expect to hear back about my acceptance/rejection? I'm not trying to be impatient or anything, I'm just curious as to hearing a rough estimate.</p>

<p>Btw, will it hurt that I sent it in so late or will it not make a difference?</p>

<p>I don't know how long it's taking right now, but there are applicants who applied in late October that are still waiting. :eek: So, it might be a while. Did you apply to other schools as well?</p>

<p>I applied to the UC's and a couple of other out of states. It says on the site that all decisions will be made on or by March 15th and will be sent soon afterwards.</p>

<p>I applied back in October and I am still waiting for a decision.</p>

<p>"I applied back in October and I am still waiting for a decision."</p>

<p>That puts things into perspective for me I guess. I know somebody who applied in mid December and just got their decision back so you must just be unlucky.</p>

<p>I also applied in October, and I know of a few others who applied around that date that have either just recently heard back or are still awaiting a decision.</p>

<p>My advice to you is to not think about it very much. I didn't think it would take this long for me, so I spent the majority of these past 3 months obsessively checking my status online and wondering when I'd find out my fate. It made me really upset for awhile, so I stopped worrying about it. Best of luck to you, and try not to react the way I did!</p>

<p>Also, will I receive an e-mail, verifying they received my application and mail-in check? They probly won't get my check till Thursday or Friday, not sure if that will be a problem.</p>

<p>Thanks for the input. In response to oregonianmom's question I also applied to:</p>

<p>-UCSB
-UCI
-UC Davis
-University of Washington
-University of Maryland-College Park</p>

<p>None of those are safeties, but none of them are reaches either. I should get into at least 2-3 of them, possibly more. Wisconsin is a bit of a reach though (chart shows me at about a 40% chance).</p>

<p>jwebb, my son also applied to Maryland. When do the UC's and UDub make their decisions? Maryland should be pretty soon, within a couple of weeks, I hope.</p>

<p>UC's come back all throughout March, and I think Washington comes back the first week of April. I submitted my application right at the deadline for Maryland (1/20) so I'm not sure how that will impact how long it will take.</p>

<p>Still no word after 9 days. I'm gonna have to call this weekend if I don't get it by Saturday.</p>

<p>jwebb, I'm afraid u won't find out for months. If ur outa state, then it might be 8-12 weeks. Instate, more like 14-16 weeks from the day you submitted everything. But don't worry, every application submitted before 2/1 recieves equal consideration.</p>

<p>I applied on 11/2/07 and still haven't heard. Patience.</p>

<p>Question... if they say they let postponed applicants know their final decision around March 15th, how the heck will they have finished all the applications by then? </p>

<p>Seems weird to me...</p>

<p>Sorry, I wasn't clear in my recent post. I realize I won't find out until mid-late March at best, but I still haven't even received an e-mail from them, verifying they received my check for the application fee. That's the part I'm worried about.</p>

<p>Has the check cleared? If your parents wrote it, ask them.</p>