How long until I hear from UA about admissions?

<p>Just wondering generally how long it takes…
I turned my general application in on September 20th and scholarship application on October 11th. My transcript was received October 2nd and my test scores September 27th.</p>

<p>you should be hearing very soon. Have you checked MyBama to see if any new tabs have shown up?</p>

<p>My son’s transcript showed up on 10/1 and we saw on mybama on 10/4 he was accepted based on the new tabs and the link to allow him to pay his deposits. He got his official letter in the mail yesterday (10/11).</p>

<p>Ah, new tabs so my son </p>

<p>Is it worth paying the enrollment deposit and the housing deposit to lock down a room even if he decides not to go to UA? Worse case we are out $225.</p>

<p>Depends on how dear $225 is to your family…</p>

<p>Choice of housing is a big deal, and depends on many issues; chief among them the location of your student’s classes and activities (Proximity to Publix, MDB, for example…) ANd then there is “peace of mind”…</p>

<p>Riprorin - in our case we decided it was worth it. We figured the chances of D choosing Bama were 50/50, and we also didn’t think we’d have any better idea in December or February which way she’d go than we did in October (she’s a procrastinator and I knew she’d drag her feet on a decision). A March deposit date didn’t seem like a good idea, so we took the chance and deposited in October. Turned out it didn’t matter, because she ended up choosing a roommate with an earlier pick time, but we could afford the $225 and it was a fair price to pay for peace of mind.</p>

<p>Thanks for the replies. What’s the worse case scenario if we delay on the deposit? Would honors housing be in jeopardy or housing in general?</p>

<p>^^^All Freshmen will have on campus housing. The reason we suggest that all students deposit early is to avoid disappointment and limit anxiousness. The date to pick housing is dependent on the date you make the housing deposit; so, early deposit=early pick date. If you have a particular residence house in mind, and think you will be pulling in roommates, then you will need an earlier pick time. If you are flexible, or don’t mind doing the “room shuffle” over the summer, then you can probably wait a bit. it is a personal choice.</p>