How many a-g semesters do you have?

<p>My grades are excellent, but I am worried that my a-g course semesters are relatively low in number. I have 48 semesters of a-g courses. How many do you have? And how much does the number of a-g semester matter in terms of admissions? I don’t understand how some people have like 50+ when most students have 6 classes a year and many of their grad requirement classes are not a-g.</p>

<p>Also do UCs count a semester of college classes as two semesters of high school (not in terms of grades, but for the a-g semester count)? I am asking because my high school did and my one semester of Art History at a cc is fulfilling the year of VPA requirement for UCs.</p>

<p>do you go to school in California?</p>

<p>I'm wondering if CC classes count as two semesters also...? I'm out of state and in my school we take 6 classes a year and some of them are not a-g (eg. PE/Health/Senior Project) which sort of sucks. I have 50 a-g courses exactly, but that is including my senior schedule, and I don't know it that counts... hopefully it does count senior years.</p>

<p>Yes I go to a very competitive public high school in California. I think our school sent the largest number of students to UCLA/Cal last year.</p>

<p>Yeah senior year counts 123321</p>

<p>yes, all four years count in the big 50+ number, as does math & foreign language taken in middle school. See UCLA's data.</p>

<p>UCLA</a> Undergrad Admissions: Profile of Admitted Freshmen, Fall 2008</p>

<p>I know foreign language and math classes taken in middle school counts, but even with that, mine is a mere 48. Its actually impossible for anyone in my school to take 50+ a-g semesters since we have 6 classes a year (and we have to take at least a year of grad req non-a-g course each year), Yet our school sends 60+ kids to Cal/UCLA each year.. I know many of the students in my school take community college classes, so I was wondering a semester of cc class counts as two semesters</p>