How many credits for freshmen?

<p>I am taking 12 credits this fall, but I want to take more classes. I am a freshmen, but my high school was a bit challenging, and my brother told me that he could've managed more than 12 credits. Should I take more or not? If I should, what classes should I take?</p>

<p>I'd wait. It doesn't sound like you need more classes (to meet prerequisites, etc.) or are even truly interested in a certain subject, so there really is no rush to ease into college life. </p>

<p>But I could be wrong. Maybe you could sign up for another and see how the first two weeks go. <em>I think</em> after that you can drop a class without the drop showing up on your transcript. I'd double check that, though.</p>

<p>My principal recommended that freshmen take 14 credits max in their first semester. By the looks of it, I may take 13 credits--3 courses and probably University Chorus.</p>

<p>Im taking 14...but one is marching band (that means no studying) and the other is german 337 but since im fluent, that wont need as much studying as I would have to if I wasnt fluent....</p>

<p>I took 14 my first semester. which was fine, so I took 16 second semester. I would say 14 is a good place to start as to give yourself time to adjust to college. And, adjust your credits accordingly thereafter.</p>

<p>im taking 16</p>