How many words should contain my essay as per - "A maximum of six 80-character lines will be sent"

I am writing Texas A&M essay but not sure how many words should I limit to as per the instruction. The essay prompts say “A maximum of two 80-character lines will be sent” or “A maximum of six 80-character lines will be sent”.
I am trying to figure out how many WORDS are expected to be in my writings as per the prompt.
Any suggestion please ?

It should contain as many words as will fit in either 160 characters (including spaces and punctuation) or 480 characters (for the 6 line essay). Do you use Word? I think that will count characters for you.

An average sentence has between 60-80 characters, so you are looking at about 6-7 sentences. One good paragraph.

Unless you are Falkner, then just one sentence.

@cadiboy

If you do the essay in word, make sure you proof it very carefully when you copy and paste it if you are using Apply Texas. Any text you input will be converted to a mono-space font and any formatting you may have done (bullets, tabs, etc.) will be lost. In addition, if you cut and paste your essay from Word, some characters may not translate properly.

If you are using Apply Texas, check out this link for the essay https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/html/faq_essay.html