How much do EC's matter for Berkeley/UCLA?

<p>If I have good academics, ELC, but medicore EC’s. How much will this hinder me for Berkeley and UCLA?
Medicore EC’s
1 Leadership postion
1 Sport all 4 years
Some EC stuff I do on my own, personal(i’m not sure if it counts)
Volunteer tutoring
1 club in school</p>

<p>based on what i have gathered from the forum…UCB and UCLA are very holistic when coming to admission process. they will look at everything basically. as far as EC’s go, the personal ones that you mentioned, they are EC’s and do not forget to mention them… write in the additional comments if you have to, because you want the UC’s to get a full pic. of you so dont leave out ANYTHING… but yes, continue to improve your EC’s if possible… if you have a job add that… </p>

<p>like take me for example:
i have 6 EC’s

1. Robotics
  2. HAL 2010: physics club
  3. SDA poetry club
  4. Indian club
  5. Self learn sanskrit
  6. self learn hindi</p>

<p>and i have 2 leaderships in #3 and #4
sincei have 6, and UC’s only want 5, i decided after consulting CC that i should put #6 in the additional comments section </p>

<p>so what im trying to get outta this whole loooonnnggg piece is don’t think about whether or not you will get in, but think if you have added everything you would like the UC’s to know… cuz if you are an awesome student ,well rounded, and unique, chances are you will be accepted </p>

<p>good luck… wish you get into UCLA or UCB (whichever)… im applying to those and UCSD as my top 3 choices (UCSD being my 1st)
good luck man!</p>

<p>spatel23
btw. im completing my application right now, and i kinda said what seemed right (one of those funny moments lol)…</p>

<p>^Lol, thanks for the information and advice. Good Luck :)</p>