How much to budget for books?

Hi - My son will be entering A&M Blinn TEAM next fall. He is looking at 3 classes at Blinn and 2 classes at A&M. How much should i budget for books? Assume physical/used books, thanks and go Aggies!

Here is the link to the bookstore http://tamu.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TBWizardView?storeId=17552&catalogId=10001&langId=-1 Put in some tentative courses your son would take in the fall (use course equivalent for Blinn), for the Spring Semester 2017, and get price ranges for the books. That will give you the closest budget estimate. Books range wildly depending on the classes, some use professor generated booklets that must be purchased full price (and can’t be resold since they change every semester) and others use computer discs/programs, workbooks, or textbooks. The bookstore generally has the highest prices, so it is great for creating a budget. Happy calculating :slight_smile:

Current freshman. A lot of my classes require textbook packages, usually loose leaf textbooks and online access codes to do your homework. These packages end up around 120-160 each since you can only get them at the bookstore. I’d budget around 450. This semester I ended up paying about 500. Accounting 180 Mgmt 140 ISYS 120 art 30 geog 20

It really depends on the class. I have spent under a 200 a semester. Check out ratemyprofessor and see if the book is necessary