How often does Common App send out documents?

Anyone know timing around when Common App sends files out to schools?

More specifically, now that an additional recommender finally uploaded their letter of recommendation, when does Common App send the letter/file out to all those schools that the recommender’s letter was assigned? The main apps have already been submitted.

Is this done immediately, daily, on set days of the week?
I feel like I have exhausted every avenue trying to get the answer to this question and now hoping CC can come out the winner and set me straight as to how this works?

Thank you

I can say that for my D ‘s letter of rec it was downloaded by multiple colleges the day after submission.

1 Like

There are many things to worry about during the college admissions process, this isn’t one of them.

4 Likes

I was wondering the same thing, thanks for asking!

My kid submitted the common app one evening, and it showed up as being at the colleges the next day. Kid were waiting on the counselor’s letter (which, as a homeschooler, I had to write and upload). When I uploaded in the evening, it showed up as completed in the portals the next day. The thing that we had/have to wait for is the transcripts sent by the umbrella schools. 2 schools showed it as complete 3 days after sending, and another school said that it sometimes took a while to make its way through the admissions office. That school has rolling admissions so timing isn’t a big deal, fortunately.

Not worried - just seeking to understand. Thanks

It’s been a few years since this was last done. Remembering now that each school DOWNLOADS documents on their own timeline.

Tracking documents submitted through CA and SCOIR (from the HS) is a lot of moving pieces. CA notes the DOWNLOAD, SCOIR does not and you must follow-up on individual portals to confirm what each school has downloaded.