How Purdue (re)calculates GPA?

<p>According to this page... Purdue</a> University - Core GPA , only core classes are considered in the GPA calculation. Looking at the scale, it does not look like Purdue weighs your GPA one way or another...
So my question is: does Purdue weigh your GPA if you take AP/IB?
Question 2: My school's grading scale is A+ , A , B+ , B, etc. We don't use A- as seen in the table... So would my school's A+ become purdue's A, and my regular A would become purdue's A-? Or would A+ and A both equal 4.0?</p>

<p>Thanks for any comments/answers!</p>

<p>When my son applied last year there was an explanatory box that said that only grades in English, math, science, social studies and foreign languages would be included. No grade could be higher than 4.0 so an A and an A+ would be the same, A-3.9, B+ 3.7, B 3.0 etc. Back when they had automatic merit awards they were looking for a 3.8 unweighted GPA based on the above courses through the end of junior year. My son had a 3.76 and 34 ACT and was offered no merit aid.</p>

<p>Through the past 3 years, I have taken 15 of the aforementioned core classes. I received 12 A+ and 3 A’s. My HS does not use A-, but does that mean purdue will calculate my GPA to 4.0? Thanks</p>

<p>As stated by Apollo6…</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>If an A+ and A is weighted the same by Purdue then that’s a 4.0. Purdue does not know your schools GPA calculating process so it is irrelevant to them that your school does not use an A- for grading. They are just going off of what is on your transcript.</p>

<p>dixie03 - Thanks a lot for your clarification!</p>