How quickly does Bama accept an application?

<p>Son applied a month ago, but dragged his feet getting his HS transcript sent. Bama received his transcript today, Sept 28. </p>

<p>When can we expect an acceptance? (Son is NMSF.)</p>

<p>Since Bama got his transcript today, the clock begins today (up until now, his app has just sat incomplete). </p>

<p>Since he’s NMSF and an easy acceptance, he’ll probably be accepted within a few days. Just depends on how many files are before his. That said, it will be fast. I wouldn’t be surprised if you see links appear by Friday…or Tuesday at the latest.</p>

<p>My D was in a similar spot. She submitted her application the first day it was available. Her test scores were in before that and her college transcript (for a summer course) was ordered the day the course ended and sent immediately. She requested her HS transcript the day the office reopened for this school year . . . and then she waited, and waited, and waited for her high school to send it. It was finally transmitted electronically on 9/19. Her additional links showed up on MyBama yesterday (9/27). So it was 8 days from when the transcript went electronically, and 5 days from when MyBama was updated to show receipt. D doesn’t check MyBama, so she doesn’t know she’s accepted - she’ll find out when the letter comes in the mail.</p>

<p>My sons applied when applications were first being accepted but transcripts were just received Sept. 26 (Mon). They were accepted the next day.</p>

<p>Wow. He’s in! And in less than 24 hours…</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>I thought it would be fast for a NMSF…they were just waiting for that ole transcript.</p>

<p>Congrats and Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Congrats slippy2000. What is your child’s major and other interests?</p>

<p>Thanks to all. </p>

<p>As of right now, he is still not sure where he is going, but Bama is at or near the top of his short list. He really doesn’t know what he wants to study, but I have heard talk of a possible double major in biology and classics.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Don’t know what your son’s end goal is, but Classics majors have a very high acceptance rate to med schools and law schools.</p>