How Should I Improve?

I am an international applicant.
I didnt get admission into engineering at TAMU but did get it in General University. I am pleased to get admission into TAMU itself but ofcourse my main aim in life is to become a petroleum engineer

I have a score of 2070 in my SATs:
CR: 720
VR: 650
MATH: 700

SAT 2:
Math: 800
Physics:790

4/4 subjects A’s in AS-level
5 A*'s and 5 A’s/10 subjects in IGCSE(O-level equivalent)

My extra-cirriculars are as follows:
Head Boy
Member of Yearbook Society for 5 years
Head Organizer for city level school sporting event
Head of Media And Publications team for city level school drama event
Member of Media and Publications Team for 2 years in such events
Member of Urdu Drama Society for 3 years always get a role whenever drama
2 week internship at Center for Advanced Research in Engineering
2 week internship at local NGO
2 week WWF eco-internship
Participated in 1 school-level and 2 university-level MUNs
Participated in 1 Math Competition in the 10th grade
Part of reserve basketball team throughout highschool

My essays weren’t amazing but I don’t think they were very bad…

Could anyone tell me where I should improve to get admission as my aim is to study abroad at TAMU and I would love to do whatever possible to do so.

Could anyone please reply and help me out here? I just really, really want to know how to improve. Maybe do something better before applying to another college in the US for rolling admissions…please…

The University of Oklahoma has an excellent PE program. The deadline for general admission is April 1, but you need to contact admissions to find out what is required for PE. You need to apply to several schools if possible. Look at U of Kansas and Colorado School of Mines - not sure if you have missed deadlines at those.

Texas Tech has a March 1 deadline also.

Since you are International did you consider TAMU at Qatar?
http://www.qatar.tamu.edu

Yes I am considering TAMU Qatar but my main aim is of course the college station campus. But then again, will the research over there be as good? I mean, sure the syllabus is similar but that doesnt mean the standard of research or amount of funding on reaserch is just as good. What do you think?
And thanks for the suggestion for Texas Tech. The deadline for that has passed but I might as well apply for spring.

Still though, do you think I have a chance at other good universities with rankings similar to TAMU???