How to Apply

<p>I’m really new to this, so this may seem like a silly question, but you apply at <a href=“Login - CAS – Central Authentication Service”>Admissions Login</a> , click “Undergraduate Admissions” (current high school seniors), and then just fill out the application page? It doesn’t have any columns about gpa, test scores, or anything so I’m assuming that’s not the full application. Can someone please explain how this whole thing works? Also, under “Select a Term”, Fall 2014 is an option - does this mean I can apply now? This will be my first college application, so I apologize if I sound completely clueless. Thank you.</p>

<p>Yes, it really is that simple! Welcome! You can apply now.
Pay close attention to the application instructions and make sure you send in your transcript and your scores: [Apply</a> to UA - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/apply/]Apply”>How to Apply – Admissions)
Feel free to ask any other questions…and also do get in touch with your local recruiter: [Find</a> Your Recruiter - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/staff/]Find”>Find My Recruiter)</p>

<p>Welcome and Roll Tide.<br>
Yes you can apply now. The application is that simple. You fill it out, then request your scores to be sent if you didn’t when you took the test. You ask your HS to send the transcript. About 2-3 weeks after UA receives everything you should know if you’ve been accepted.</p>

<p>Thank you so much! One last thing, do you get the CWID to log into myBama for the scholarship application by email after you get accepted? Does this scholarship application cover all scholarships - school-wide ones automatic ones such as Presidential, school-wide competitive ones, and different departmental scholarships?</p>

<p>Wow…that app is LIVE now? </p>

<p>Good to know!</p>

<p>Even tho the application is ‘easy’, take care with it. You never know who is reviewing it. My suggestion about the scholarship portion of the app is you take a screen print of it before submitting - that way you have a record of your responses (what boxes you ticked). If I remember correctly, once you submit your application, you cannot go back and review/amend it. (You can partially fill it out and save it for later, tho, I believe.) Some of the scholarships require additional essays and narratives and documentation. There are NO reminders to send this additional info in - you just do it by the deadlines (to the addresses they give you). You will need your CWID on all things you send separately to scholarship folks. </p>

<p>I don’t know how you get the CWID, but someone here will.</p>

<p>Alright, I’ve submitted the app, transcript, and ACT scores. I will still have to fill out the scholarship and honors college app once if figure out the CWID thing. Just wondering, how important is the major you put down on the app? I heard putting plain Undecided is bad, so I put Communications (Undecided) because those are the most interesting majors to me right now, but what if that changes once I take an intro class? Can you switch? Are there any colleges withi the University you can’t switch into/out of?</p>

<p>The CWID will come in an email after you apply. </p>

<p>you can also find your CWID on various MyBama pages at some point. It will be found by your name in the upper right corner of certain pages…such as the Look Up Classes, Pay Your Bill, etc, pages.</p>

<p>The only major that would be important to put down on the app is engineering since they have additional automatic scholarships. If you are not interested in engineering, then it is not very important. There are some departmental scholarships which you wouldn’t be eligible for if you did put undecided, so picking a major is probably a good idea.</p>

<p>Yes, you can switch your major and statistics say the majority of students do switch at some point. The only restirctions on switching your major are that some majors will have prerequisites you need to meet to get admitted and other schools have very competitive admissions (such as nursing). Once you decide on a certain path, you can find out the requirements you would need to meet if there are any.</p>

<p>Also, if you’re interested in any sort of engineering, you can change your major before financial aid, etc. is finalized and still receive those automatic scholarships, even if you didn’t put that on your application. I applied as a Chemistry major and switched to Chemical Engineering about a week later, but I got the scholarships.</p>