How to check application status?

<p>Congrats and Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Thankyou guys, and even though I’ve been trying as hard as I can to get into Bama, sadly I’ll most likely not be going.</p>

<p>It’s my number one school and has been for almost a year, but after telling my mom about the acceptance she said “Congratulations, but we’re not paying for you to go there. Now we’ll just have to hear back from your state schools” …</p>

<p>So I got my hopes up, tried to get my SATs up as high as I could and constantly went back and forth with my guidance counselor perfecting a recommendation letter that explained my transfer to a private school my senior year, all for nothing.</p>

<p>She said there is no way she is paying 38k a year, with me only able to take out about 2k a year in student loans, for me to go down to Alabama, especially since Alabama is bankrupt now and the tuition is going to start rising.</p>

<p>I don’t know what to do :confused: Im so upset right now.</p>

<p>And before anyone says anything, with a 2.6 GPA and a 1700 on my SATs (1100 CR + M), NO I do not qualify for scholarships. My family doesn’t qualify for financial aid either since both my parents make more than the limit.</p>

<p>*She said there is no way she is paying 38k a year, with me only able to take out about 2k a year in student loans, for me to go down to Alabama, especially since Alabama is bankrupt now and the tuition is going to start rising.
*</p>

<p>first of all, the STATE of Alabama is not bankrupt and neither is the university. There is a county in Alabama that is bankrupt…that has nothing to do with the school. The school isn’t even in that county.</p>

<p>Secondly…Alabama does NOT have to cost $38k per year. That COA is very padded and includes the most expensive dorms. There are ways to cut the cost down to about $32k ($22k for tuition, $8k for R&B, $2k for misc). And, if you work over the summer, you could further cut down costs by paying for your own text books and personal expenses.</p>

<p>Lastly, YOUR student loans would be $5500 for frosh year. …not $2000. </p>

<p>How much are your state schools? Is that how much your parents will pay?</p>

<p>Instate in PA is not cheap…so find out how much your parents will pay for that, and then we can see if Bama can work for you. </p>

<p>For instance, at Temple Univ in PA…</p>

<p>In-state tuition and fees: $13,596<br>
Room and board: … $9,886 </p>

<h2>Books and supplies:… $1,000</h2>

<p>Total about…$24,500</p>

<p>So if your parents will pay that much at an instate school, then Bama could be do-able with a student loan and some summer earnings.</p>

<p>Oh, I just realized you’re the one I was talking to earlier on FB… unless there are multiple people with the same problem. Are you Melanie?</p>

<p>But yes, I’d do what mom2 says and look into it. If the costs aren’t that much off, maybe you can talk your parents into it.</p>

<p>I turned in my scholarship app & regular app in november, before the deadline.
Alabama was not my #1 choice but since I didn’t get something somewhere else, I’m liking bama a lot more now so I checked my application status. However, for some reason, they have not received my transcripts & ACT scores either. </p>

<p>It’s weird cuz I haven’t had this problem anywhere else. Should I just call?</p>

<p>I would contact your area rep to find out about your scores and transcripts…are you sure that you had them sent? Can you look up your ACT records to see when they were sent? </p>

<p>Did you ever get an acceptance from Bama?</p>

<p>If you never had them sent, then there may be a problem.</p>

<p>Yeah, they were definitely sent. I got the email from the ACT & my school’s program confirmed the transcripts were sent. In fact my cousin told me he had the same problem last year, but then his acceptance letter just showed up regardless. We’re both from Wisconsin. I’m thinking they might just be slow on uploading stuff from far away?</p>

<p>No, they’re not this slow about uploading…and the distance is not relevant.</p>

<p>You need to contact admissions, include your CWID and info about when these things were sent and ask them to find those items. </p>

<p>Also, contact your area rep and have that person track this all down.</p>

<p>sagg, same kinda thing happened to me. Today in the mail I received both a letter stating that they are waiting on my HS transcripts and another bigger letter on card stock stating I was accepted. I think that means they got the transcripts and something got backed up in the system to where I received both at once. However, I applied last month. So since it has been A WHILE, your best bet would be to follow mom2’s advice.</p>

<p>Oh, mom2, BTW, I got accepted to Bama!!! It’s pretty exciting to have a great school like Bama as an option. Still not 100% sure of attending, but my wife and I are going to really dish out the options/pros/cons and see if OOS is going to be okay with us. I’ll tell you what though, if I do go OOS, Bama would be the place. Thanks for all your previous help.</p>

<p>* I got accepted to Bama!!! *</p>

<p>Oh good! Congrats!!! </p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Thanks guys.</p>

<p>Turns out it was completely my mistake, I somehow checked that I was a Permanent Resident, not a U.S. citizen, on my application. I was notified via CrimsonMail but I didn’t even know I had an account, & found out I did by accident. So the local representative had contacted me on there & now she’s fixed everything. Now I get the Presidential Scholarship & apparently another scholarship offer after that, too! So I guess checking your email is important haha.</p>

<p>BTW, mom2, I read your thread with linnyluu about why to go Bama & it was awesome :] It’s opened my eyes to this school a lot & now I can’t wait to visit. All the help you’ve given to other people has definitely helped me & I’m sure many other people too. Soo thanks a million!</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Glad to hear that all has been fixed! </p>

<p>Congrats on your scholarships!!!</p>