How to confirm schools received FAFSA?

D22 is applying to more than 10 schools, so we completed FAFSA for her first 10 schools, then after those were processed, we planned to edit the FAFSA to send to 10 more schools.

After completing the FAFSA, D received an email saying it was successfully submitted on 10/16. The email said she’d be notified when the FAFSA was processed.

She never got another email so we just checked the FAFSA site and it looks like it was processed since we found her Student Aid Report there. Does this mean those 10 schools received her info and she can go ahead and edit now to send to 10 other schools?

The answer seems like an obvious yes to me but I’m moving into paranoid territory now, and don’t want to mess anything up. Guess I’m wondering if D never got an email with her SAR, then it’s possible the colleges didn’t either? Thanks!

You can now safely replace the current schools with new schools. The original FAFSA has been sent to the original schools, and they don’t need to actually upload it … it will still be there for them when they are ready to pull it into their system. Don’t forget to have your child actually send the FAFSA to the processor after updating the schools … a lot of times, students will update the schools & save, thinking that that’s all they need to do. They have to go a step further & submit. They should get a confirmation for the updates.

3 Likes

Okay thank you!!