How to find out Number of Students in a Major (Cognitive Science)

I’m wondering if there is some easy way to see how “big” a major is at the different UCs - in our case, Cognitive Science. If there are only a small number of students in the major at one UC vs. a large number in the same major at another UC, it would be interesting to know that and get a sense of whether the major is going to have a good program or be very tiny.

If you can find the UC’s total enrollment by major documents, you should be able to see how many students are enrolled in each specific program. I found the documents for UCI and it shows a total for 74 students in the Cognitive Science program as of Fall 2016.

http://www.oir.uci.edu/files/enr/IIA02F-fall-enr-by-major.pdf?R=411887

You could always call and ask about the size the department/major.

Thanks @Gumbymom - I thought you’d have an answer! I didn’t know that they had such a document as enrollment by major! My D is applying to all the UCs that have that major (except Merced) but I know it’s well-known at UCSD and don’t know if it is well known at other schools. That’s very helpful to know about UCI. I suppose I can wait to see where she actually gets in and then only bother calling those schools to ask about the size of department/major if I can’t find online.