How to find roommates

I am an admitted student looking for a roommate in the CUBS LLC. Please reach out if you have any advice on how to find a roommate!

I believe there are groups on Facebook/Instagram, my sophomore found her roommate ahead of time. Btw she totally loved the llc and Douthit, even though she’s living in a nice luxury apartment with her own bathroom, pool, hot tub, study room, free coffee, gym, goat yoga, spray tanning, kayaks, paddle boards- she misses Douthit a lot. She got to choose her room super early.

1 Like

Once you complete your housing contract, you can complete a profile that will match you with others who have similar habits and interests. A lot of students create a FB account just for finding a roommate on the class page; IG has a similar page. The FB and IG class pages are created by companies, so be careful not to share too much personal info; just search Clemson Class of 2027, and you’ll see a lot of kids have already posted. Congratulations and good luck with your roommate search!

My daughter is a freshman in CUBS and found her roommate through the main Instagram account for Clemson Class of 2026. Keep in mind that the account doesn’t get super active with admitted students until after the latest date of admissions which is March 1st.

Which off-campus apartments have all those amenities?

She’s at epoch now, moving to Earle next year, honestly so many complexes have a ton of amenities, private bathrooms and pools are the norm. It’s so different from the northeast.

1 Like

Wow, sounds nice. For the off campus housing that is farther away, are there busses to take kids to the campus or do you need a car?

Some complexes have dedicated, private shuttles; some are within walking distance, and many others are on public bus routes (CAT). Rents range anywhere from $400-$1,200/month/per person; most leases are per person/bed and not per apartment.

Edited to add: not sure about @Mjkacmom 's student; mine lives in a complex with a private shuttle but prefers to drive because of the late hours she remains on-campus. I know many students without cars who use the on and off-campus transit systems. DD has her car simply for convenience purposes and for saving commute time on the buses. She does utilize on-campus transit to take her to her car at night or to/from commuter lots.

Thank you so much for all the info, very helpful!

1 Like

For CUBS students, are the Econ and business calc classes taught in Douthit East or in the business building? Thanks

The only class taught in Douthit for cubs is business 1010, a 1 credit course about the major (my riding junior is sitting in the same room in an online calc 3 class right now so quick answer).

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you.

So most kids take 15 or 17 credits

I’d say most likely. Mine had 19 this semester and will have 18 or 19 next (after she drops a class), but she’s squeezing in some extra.

1 Like

Hi! I’m also an admitted student looking for a roommate in the CUBS LLC. I’ve heard good things about lycam sim, so I’m planning to check it out. Would you be interested in connecting there?