How to get 4 years req. english if 9th grade is not counted as honors by UC?

<p>UC Admissions requires that applicants fulfill the “a-g” requirement. for English, we need “4 years required Four years of college-preparatory English that include frequent and regular writing, and reading of classic and modern literature. No more than one year of ESL-type courses can be used to meet this requirement.” however, they don’t consider 9th grade english as an honors course so how am I supposed to fulfill this requirement? I have already filled out all my coursework but it still says I am missing 1 year of english.</p>

<p>Your 9th grade English course counts as an A-G requirement. It just isn’t given an extra GPA point for honors. Enter your 9th grade English course.</p>

<p>I did, but it still says I am missing 1 year of english.</p>

<p>do you have your planned senior year courses listed, particularly the english classes?</p>

<p>I think that is where the problem lies. I am currently in IB english 4 senior year, and our school runs on a trimester schedule where english is only offered 2nd and 3rd tri. therefore, on the academic history I marked IB English 4 with 1st term-planned, 2nd term-in progress (since we are in the 2nd trimester right now), and 3rd term-planned (since we are not in 3rd tri yet). when I put this it says i am missing 1 year of english. I decided to try what would happen if i put in grades for english despite not having any grades. when i put term 1-100, term 2-100, and term 3-no course pretending like my class was offered 1st and 2nd tri, it says i have <em>2</em> year of english missing. so now i’m confused but i know the problem definitely lies under my senior english</p>

<p>actually it’s definitely something wrong with my 9th grade year because I decided to delete all my english classes and resubmit them, but when I enter the grades for my 9th grade english class it doesn’t appear and only after I enter my 10th grade courses does the english requirement change from 4 to 3. is it because my 9th grade year I was still in junior high because our high school is from 10-12 and so UC doesn’t recognize my course?</p>

<p>I’m on a trimester schedule too and was having the same problem. Two trimesters at my school counts as a year, unless its an AP class, and so I put “no course” for the trimester I didn’t have it, and in the end I was missing a year of English.</p>

<p>But what you need to do is select that last year class as on a semester schedule as you only recieve TWO final grades over the year. Once I appropriately marked courses thus, I met all the requirements.</p>

<p>SO go to the page where you select your school, and check mark the boxes for semester and trimester, and choose that class as a semester class. </p>

<p>I feel for you. xD</p>

<p>thank you so much!!! i ended up having to make all my english courses as semesters instead of trimesters but it worked!! i was beginning to be a little frustrated haha. i usually like having a trimester schedule but it was very inconvenient in this case xD</p>

<p>Yes, It was very inconvenient! But you are very welcome, and best of luck with all your other apps! :D</p>