How to get into Davis?

Hi guys, i am leaning toward Davis as my first choice school. What can one do to get in? I know there is no way to guarantee but I’d like to increase my chance. My uc GPA is around 4.16 and my PSAT was 207. I have some ECs and such (band, martial arts) and also a part time job. I want to go for the global disease bio major, what do y’all think. I am a junior.

Here is the link for UCD Freshman profile for 2014. Expect GPA and SAT scores to be slightly higher for this years Freshman class. If you get SAT score close to the PSAT score, you should be in good shape. You might want to do some volunteer work in a hospital or clinic this summer since you are interested in the Global Disease Bio major. You are on track and all you do is apply and hope you get accepted. Make sure you have some good safeties and a matches as backups. Good Luck.

http://admissions.ucdavis.edu/profile/

I would say you have a better chance getting into Davis. However, there are more factors taken into account rather than your GPA and test scores. This guy had a 21 ACT and got in while other people from the admissions post had SAT scores 2100+ yet still got rejected.
Overall, I think you can get in. Just make sure to involve yourself in leadership and volunteer work.

UC Davis has a page of pre-collegiate programs that they recommend - you might enjoy COSMOS. Participating in one of them might help boost your chances. Of course, academics are most important.