How to get into Texas A&M?

<p>So, I really wanna go to Texas A&M. I'm going to apply there in a year for their Aerospace Engineering Program. So in order to get in, what clubs do I need? What grades do I need? Any special requirements? SAT scores? Thank you! Btw, is their Aerospace Engineering program good? </p>

<p>Google…</p>

<p>You can find the necessary pre-reqs for certain schools on their website. :slight_smile: Are you in high school or a college student?</p>

<p>If you are in the top 25% of your class (based on end of junior year ranking) and have an SAT (R and M only) of 1300 with at least a 600 R and 600 M, you are an auto admit for A&M. A&M admits at the university level, and admission to the college is first come, first serve. So, if you want to engineering, apply early even if you’re an auto-admit, because if you apply late, you might not get engineering.</p>

<p>Show lots of interest </p>

<p>If it helps at all just got into aerospace at a&m and had a 3.9 gpa, great letters of rec, and expressed lots of interest in my essay </p>

<p>3.9 out of 4.0?</p>

<p>@NT2000‌ my school isn’t allowed to rank the students. So how will I do that </p>

<p>A&M will assign a quartile class rank to students who’s school doesn’t rank. If you fall into the top quarter and have the required ACT/SAT scores you will be an academic admit. Then the essays, ECs, etc really don’t mean anything as far as admissions to the university are concerned. You are in.</p>

<p>Admission to the university does not mean admission to engineering. Apply early to have a shot at engineering. Even then you go to general engineering and apply to a specific major your second semester.</p>

<p>If you’re looking at the published scores/grades needed on college search sites, you’ll discover that they are not accurate for this school. Most engineering students (not all, but most) are academic or auto admits. The scores are skewed due to the auto admit category combined with rolling admissions which makes this school look much easier to gain admission than reality. Would be great if they would divide up the admission stats (auto/academic/review ) but they don’t.</p>

<p>Here are some engineering stats:
<a href=“http://dars.tamu.edu/dars/files/3d/3d49a90a-1e7e-4d0a-84f5-0a6e012ded84.htm#p22”>http://dars.tamu.edu/dars/files/3d/3d49a90a-1e7e-4d0a-84f5-0a6e012ded84.htm#p22&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;