How to get into University of California?

<p>In general.
-3.5 GPA (unweighted)
-played Freshman Field Hockey in my freshman year
-played JV Varsity Field Hockey in my sophomore year
-participated in winter track and field in my freshman year
-currently in the Spanish Honor Society
-IB classes I’m taking in my junior year are IB English, IB Spanish and IB HoA (History of Americas)
-Pre-IB classes I’ve taken so far are Pre-IB Government, Pre-IB Chemistry, and Pre-IB World History.
-I plan to take IB Math Studies, IB Psychology, IB English 2 and IB Spanish 2 in my senior year.
-I have a leadership role in my church youth group
-I volunteer at soup kitchens frequently
-this summer I’m going on a five week missionary trip to Cambodia and Vietnam to help the poor that have leprosy, HIV/AIDS, and the people who are blind.</p>

<p>I plan to be a psychologist or a psychiatrist. And I know I have a whack plan but I also plan to take advantage in being in a college in California so I would have more opportunities to be in the acting industry.</p>

<p>You do realize that the majority of UC’s are not “near the acting industry,” right? Probably only UCLA, but with your GPA UCLA seems unlikely. </p>

<p>UCSC is a match, UCD/UCSB slight reaches, and UCR and UCM are safeties. What is your UC GPA?</p>

<p>^agree with above poster but without your UC GPA it is hard to say for sure… For instance, you could take a lot of weighted classes and be at a 4.0, which is competitive for most UCs. </p>

<p>Also would be helpful if you posted test scores as well.</p>