How to have a life and enjoyable experience at Purdue?

<p>As many had said, the best way is to join a fraternity. Unfortunately, afaik, during my first year (OOS scholar here), I am obliged to stay on-campus in the residence hall. Hence, the best bet would be joining a fraternity the second year there?</p>

<p>I tried searching some old posts and from what I read so far, this is a common scenario - Had a life, but screwed up academics.</p>

<p>My concern is that I don't want to end up like that. My priority is to get into the dean list. Nevertheless, I would like to have an unforgettable and exhilarating uni life without compromising my main goal.</p>

<p>Besides, the information I acquired so far are things that can be seen ostensibly. Living a Greek Life is like living with a group of people and doing mutually interested activities or maybe attending the same classes, you will be expected to live in a close-knitted group compared to living a rather solitary life in a Residence hall.</p>

<p>Now here is another question, what do people actually do in a fraternity? Like how would be their daily life routine exactly looks like? What activities they do that differ from others? A more detailed anecdote from someone who is from a fraternity or anyone in Purdue who has a friend living in a fraternity will be enticing and appreciated. Therefore, I will roughly know how to balance up with my academics and whether it is my cup of tea.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>PS. Do correct me if im wrong.</p>

<p>1) it is very rare that people live in Greek houses their first year on campus. So rush your first semester, and you’ll live in your second year. </p>

<p>2) it’s all about balance. I can look through my che classes and see many different letters around: zeta, theta, phi psi, beta, just to name a few. I know a guy in a fraternity who does all of his homework in a library to gain a focused atmosphere. He started off in the undergraduate studies program here at purdue and is now in ChE. It’s all about what you put into it and where your priories are. A fraternity could be an excellent component of your college experience or basically your entire college life.</p>

<p>Hmm… Im curious about what they do normally, any idea how is their routine like? Any special commitments?</p>