How to prepare for IB Math AI HL

Going into the IB program this year, and need HL Math AI to study Econ.

How should i prepare for this difficult course/ what should I know before starting it.

If you have any other advice or recommendations regarding the course I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

What is your math background up until now? My daughter just finished year 1 and thought it was all pretty straightforward.

Until now I just did MYP Math

I’ve just been told that it’s very difficult and fast paced

Does that math include Algebra 2 or pre-calculus? My daughter had Algebra 2 and AP Stats before IB Math. In our school, year 1 is the same for both SL and HL. Year 2 separates them.

Double post for some reason… see below.

Did you do well in MYP maths? Did your teacher recommend you take Math HL or did you decide on your own?
For a typical Economics or business major, Math AA SL should be sufficient for you to take the AP Stats and AP calc AB exams if you want credit (SL doesn’t carry credit, typically, though you’d be very well prepared for Calc 1&Stats in your 1st year of college.)
Depending on the college and its requirements, taking the Calc AB exam could fulfill the Calc requirement for social science/business/econ majors.
However for a math-heavy economics, business, or social science major (econometrics, GIS, risk management, finance…) AI HL would be the most useful pre-req and the requirement for Economics at British universities like Imperial or LSE.