How to promote UA to a reluctant rising HS senior?

<p>Capstone Scholars Day is an invitation only event. The event will be held on Saturday, January 15, 2011 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Bryant Conference Center.</p>

<p>From last year: Capstone Scholar’s Day In order to receive an invitation, a student has to be admitted for Fall 2011 as an incoming freshman with a 27 ACT or SAT 1210 (math and verbal scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA by the scholarship deadline of December 1, 2010. You do not have to attend Capstone Scholars Day in order to receive a scholarship nor would you receive any additional scholarships during this event.</p>

<p>Thank you, I just kept seeing it, and was unsure what it was! CS means “computer science” in this house!
My son agreed to apply, and sent in his application. He is getting more excided about the prospect of attending Alabama! Yeah! He was going to fill out the scholarship form, but has not recieved a sign in for mybama. Does it take a few days to get the email with sign in info?</p>

<p>I think so. I can’t remember. M2CK usually has the answer to every question. I just try to answer a few questions when I think I can help others.</p>

<p>My D applied on the 6th and got her CWID by e-mail on the 8th. However, on the 7th she was able to sign into My Bama using her SSN and do the scholarship application. Her CWID also showed on My Bama.</p>

<p>I think after a business day or two…you can use your SSN to set up mybama.</p>

<p>or…you can wait til you get the follow-up email that you’ll get in a few days with CWID number.</p>

<p>Thank you, again! You all are so helpful!</p>

<p>vlines,</p>

<p>You have only experienced the tip of the iceberg here with regards to help.</p>

<p>I’m from North Carolina and when we started looking at schools Alabama was a safety that my son applied to ‘just in case’. After he was accepted, I nagged him to apply to the Honors College, CBHP, and University Fellows to keep his options open. He applied somewhat begrudgingly and was invited down as a CBHP (Computer Based Honors) finalist. When he returned, he knew he was going to attend UA no matter the outcome. He had gone down ‘willing’ to hear about the program and came back worried sick he might not get accepted. </p>

<p>I agree with the others…visit the campus.</p>