How to Remove a Planned AP Test from the CSU application

Pretty much the title. I put statistics as a planned AP test on my CSU application but it turns out my school district doesn’t allow students to self-study for AP tests without being in the class. Unfortunately, this isn’t something the school tells people until they try to register. I looked over the CSU application and can’t find any way to remove the planned Statistics test, it seems I can only edit the information, so I currently changed it to another AP test that I am taking. So now that test is duplicated in the application. Is there a way that I can remove the test altogether?

1 Like

You need to contact the schools (individually), where you applied, and update them. They can “correct” your application.
Also, if you were planning on using the AP test to substitute for one of the A-F requirements, you should probably look over your transcript to make sure that another class can fulfill the requirements.

Most colleges and universities do not look favorably on self-studying for the AP’s. They want to know how you performed in a classroom with peers and a grade for that performance. Your school is following what the colleges and universities expect. They don’t advise you about not being able to register because they are sticking to the practices of the colleges. How would the school know that you were self-studying for the AP? Your counselors would have advised you that it wouldn’t be allowed. Did you tell your GC that you planned to self-study?

With tests now, The College Board maintains a very strict procedure for AP testing, and, it has become even stricter because of the recent Admissions Scandal. The school has to order “tests” for the Spring and each student registered in the classroom is assigned a number. (Even students who are home-schooled are registered with a number, provided by their district’s office, and are assigned a HS and number within the district.)

That number is placed on every document associated with the student (i.e. computer monitor), even with the scratch paper you might use. Then the proctors have to certify that they’ve provided the instructions correctly, and have supervised you during your examination.

1 Like