How to review for APES 2022 starting now with bad test grades and no FRQ experience?

Is there a new REA APES book for 2022? The newest I can find is for 2021. Also, what other books (on top of the REA book) should I use to study for the test and what process should I use for studying? I have a really good textbook from school but it has too much information and I can barely even read it. If I completely relied on test prep/review books, which ones should get me a 4 or 5?

And by process, I mean what study plan/method should I use? (Ex. Read through REA, do practice questions from the third edition Relyea textbook (the one I have) along with practice frqs or something else)?

Are there any proven methods that keep people engaged in their studying and is effective (most effective guaranteed 5 or 4 method)? In other words, how can you take the test without knowing every little detail like characteristics of random species provided in test questions?

Ask your teacher for help. That is what he/she is there for.

If you are self studying for the test, that’s not really a good idea. The colleges do not like self study. They want to see a classroom grade performance. Plus, don’t you have to find a high school that’s willing to give you the test?

Is the 2017 REA book better or the 2021 REA book for the 2022 APES exam? 2017 covers more content but 2021 covers less content (has less pages) and both are not tailored to the 2022 exam.