How to secure an invitation to Panhellenic Preview Weekend activities?

<p>I just registered for the preview weekend (February 22nd), and I was wondering how to request invitations to any of the brunches or other activities that are invite only. I thought there would be somewhere to request when I registered, but there wasn’t. Did I just not see something when I was registering, or should I try to contact someone about securing an invite to some of the activities?</p>

<p>Invitations to preview teas and parties are issued by the sororities. In the fall members are asked to submit names and contact information of girls they know who will be attending Alabama and are going to go through recruitment. These names then go onto a list. Starting in December with Christmas cards and Home Town teas (these were held the week of December 15th), these girls will begin to receive correspondences from the sororities. A girl may be on only one sorority’s list or she may be on many depending upon who she knows in the various houses.
If you are out-of-state and do not have connections in the sororities there is a way to be added to the list.
Hopefully you have already begun the process of securing recommendations for each of the sororities that will participate in formal recruitment. I would ask the women who are going to write your rec if they would be willing to contact their particular chapter and ask that you be placed on the list to be invited to the pre-recruitment events. She can do this one of 2 ways. On the UA Panhellenic website under Chapter Profiles there are email addresses for each sorority. She can email them a brief note explaining what qualities you have that she thinks exemplify the character traits that her sorority is looking for. She should also attach your resume and a picture (do not have her send her rec now!).
Another way is for her to contact her national organization, find out the name and contact information for the Alabama regional director and to either call or email her the same info as listed above. She will then contact the sorority.
If you have a family member who has a sorority affiliation they should contact the Alabama Chapter and let them know that you will be going to Preview and that they would like you to be inivited to the events that sorority is having during Preview Weekend.
I have many girls who ask me to contact my chapter at UA and ask that they be put on the list. I always tell them while I am very involved with Greek Life at UA and my chapter I cannot promise they will receive invites but am happy to try and help them.
Last year Panhellenic had a spot on the Preview registration where a girl could indicate that she was wanting to be invited to pre-recruitment events. That helped a lot of out-of-state girls get invites. I do not see that option this year currently and have not heard whether it will be an option or not.<br>
Currently there is another round of pre-recruitment teas and parties (to be held in Tuscaloosa) the weekend of March 16 th (some will be Friday , Saturday and Sunday). there is no formal program that weekend like on Preview Weekend. If you attend preview and were not invited to the invitation events there is a possibility that you might be invited this weekend.
I am happy to answer any questions you have!</p>

<p>Thanks! I’ve been working on finishing up my resume, so I’ll try to distribute that to any of my recommendation writers. Would my sister be able to try to get any invites for me, since she is a member of Alpha Delta Pi at U of Iowa? :)</p>

<p>She can possibly get an invite to the ADPi events. She needs to get in contact with Katie Welpott…she is the 2013 recruitment chair at Alabama ADPi and she should let them know that they have a legacy coming through and she would like you to be invited to the pre-recruitment events.</p>

<p>Thanks. I’ll pass along the name to my sister! :)</p>