How to study and take the ACT in college: where to start?

I didn’t take the ACT during high school and I am thinking of taking it in college since universities I may transfer to require ACT scores. I’m not sure how to go about studying. I don’t have a plan for when to take it. I need to talk to some people about this. But what exactly do I do to study? Or where do I start in general.

The ACT is designed to be taken by high school students. I’m surprised that some colleges are requiring it for transfers given that most are still test optional.

1 Like

I read that colleges want high school transcripts and I assumed they would want test scores. I want to apply to some reach schools (MIT and some Ivies) and they all say nothing about being test optional other than for this year.

Well For the Act of Love Science should be great for science.
For math, myntor should be helpful. Unlimited practice problems, multiple tutors(can switch between them to find the right fit), customized schedule, and AI-powered feedback to help you through each section all while being fun and cheap(free for 7 days, I can give you discount code after.
I can share with you more about my test prep experience and resources if you’d like :slight_smile:

I don’t know that you can take it as a college student? Make sure you are looking at college admissions info for transfer applicants, not first-year applicants, as it will be different.

Get a private tutor vs a group prep class, makes all the difference

I don’t think any college will care about an ACT score from an exam taken in college. The ACT is an exam meant for HS students.

If you never took the ACT in HS and it is required for transfer admissions I would contact the college’s admissions department to determine how to proceed.

1 Like